Golden Eagle vs. Mirabella

mjthomas2

I will be in St Martin in the end of June on a RCL cruise and have been searching for a catamaran snorkeling tour for my party of 8 people. I have read reviews for both these companies, most of which are good reports; however, one negative comment I keep reading is about being crowded during snorkeling. Which of these companies would provide a less crowded snorkeling experience? What is the advantage of one over the other? Are there any other companies I should consider for a 1/2 day snorkeling/sailing excursion? Thanks for your help!

Maria Thomas

If you are talking about signing up for a ship excursion on one of these, any ship excursion can be crowded or not crowded - impossible to predict in my experience. I

Just to give you a somewhat educated answer/opinion, of the two, I would go with the Golden Eagle - whether you are talking about signing up through cruise line or directly. I have seen the Mirabella when it has been very crowded and I also think highly of Eagle Tours generally - although I have not taken an excursion with them on anything they were selling through the cruise lines.

So, one person's opinion - go with Golden Eagle.

Golden Eagle is one of our favorite day sail excursions in the Carib and we highly recommend them for the staff and experience!

The only time we had a bigger group was when I had organized a TTOL meet & greet and we included a day sail with GE. On 2 other daysails with them we had a smaller group and not crowded at all, although it does depend on how many book that day.