Roatan Temp in December

jonz

Sailing on the Norwegian Jewel 12/13-20/14 to Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Am wondering about the Temp that time of year. We love to snorkel off beach. Hoping the water will be fine. Any input from those who have gone before?

We just cruised the week of Christmas and usually cruise in Jan or Feb and I always find the water comfortable in those places for swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving. Some of my skinnier friends find it a bit too cool for them. You might want to wear a long sleeve rash guard shirt, dive skin or shorty wetsuit if you tend to get cold easy. Most people don't wear anything swimming and snorkeling but a bathing suit from my observation. I think the water is usually in the low 80's so it feels cold at first but you get used to it quickly.

Spent a week at Christmas there 2012….. we are divers so didn't do a lot of snorkeling and we wore full wetsuits. Not thick ones though ;)

The weather was gorgeous though and beach time was wonderful….. just be aware the water might be a tad chilly.