Embarking after Embarkation day?

RicardoC

Hey everyone how are you doing?

I have a question that I'll contact Seabourn about tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone knows the answer. Any help would be great to make us calmer.

We are boarding the Quest in just over two weeks (April 29th in Barcelona) but just found out my grandfather will have to do a somehow 'delicate' surgery on the same day. We know there are lots of logistics involved, especially so close to embarkation date, so we were thinking that maybe only my mother should stay home (in Brazil) for two extra days and meet us on our first stop in Tangier.

What would be Seabourn's policy on this? Can my father and I board in Barcelona on the 29th and my mother join us in Tangier or even in Portugal the following day?

Something like that would depend upon the specific laws of the country people would be joining in. So long as the country is willing to play ball I don't see Seabourn having an issue. An exception to this would be if the trip included an American port as that could potentially violate the Passenger Vessel Services Act (which is clearly not the case here).

Also if you are permitted to board, Seabourn will have to arrange for a private muster drill for you. We boarded a Regent ship years ago in mid-cruise and we and one other couple had our own mandatory muster drill.

Thank you for the responses!

I'm glad we found an alternative - the surgery will take place next tuesday (04/22) and my parents will go back to Brazil earlier instead (they're in Florida, where I live, and will be in Brazil for 6 days before heading to BCN).

Anyways, I'm sure everything will go smoothly and the three of us will be boarding as planned. Life is good :cool: