Kids Club: Disney Dream/Fantasy vs RCCL FOS

rktilleryj

Hello! So after several years of cruising primarily with Disney, we are looking to give RCCL a shot - specifically the FOS next spring break 2015. I have read plenty of comparisons between the lines and feel pretty certain that we will enjoy the FOS. The only concern I still have though is regarding the kids clubs. Our 7yo LOVES the clubs on DCL to the point where it is sometimes hard to get him to leave. This is a good thing though because it gives him some independence and us some adult time. He enjoys the structured activities but also likes the fact that if there is an activity happening that he is not interested in, there are many different areas with a variety of things to do on his own (or with other kids). What we have heard about the FOS clubs for his age is that they are fully structured and the kids have to participate. This probably won't even be a problem but I have read trip reports from parents who's kids did not like this and in turn did not want to spend any time in the clubs. I would love to hear any insight from anyone who has traveled on both lines with kids and how they compared the kids clubs. Thanks!

I've travelled on both lines, DCL with ds4 and dd11 and RCCL from ages 2 and up. My youngest is now 8. He has loved the kids club on every cruise he has been on, which is every line in my signature. He's also the kid who is constantly asking when the kids club will open and complaining when it's time to leave. I like RCCL better than DCL for kids because the activities are structured. DS would play on the computers or video games all day long if they let him, which is what happened on DCL. RCCL will adjust the activities to what the majority of kids are interested in though. They will make sure that everyone is engaged and having a fun time. Even if your child does not like the activities, there are a lot of things on an RCCL ship that you can do together, more so than on DCL.

Is the Epic, Getaway or Breakaway and option for your dates. We've been on the Epic 3 times with our DD - age 7, 8, and 9 during sailings. SPECTACULAR for this age. Sooo much to do. The kids club is also amazing with large open spaces with large windows with lots of light. The waterslides are so fun(even for us "older" people). The bungee trampoline and spider climb and slide keep her entertained for hours.