Tours out of Falmouth

Paps9027

New to Cruise Critic. We are arriving in Falmouth on the Disney Fantasy in a couple of weeks. I just read a number of reviews here. People referring to Liberty Tours, Peat Taylor Tours, Jamaica Phil. I did see the link to Jamaica Phil; can you provide means of contact with the other two? Thanks.

We use Steve "Noel" Smith every time we are in Falmouth. noelsmith66@yahoo.com. He will be your private guide/driver for the day. We really like touring with him. Some of the other operators are great as well, but realize that you may be touring with a group. We like to do things at our own pace, so a private driver is much better for us. For the same price - we can spend the day completely at our own pace.

• 2 weeks later...
We use Steve "Noel" Smith every time we are in Falmouth. noelsmith66@yahoo.com. He will be your private guide/driver for the day. We really like touring with him. Some of the other operators are great as well, but realize that you may be touring with a group. We like to do things at our own pace, so a private driver is much better for us. For the same price - we can spend the day completely at our own pace.

I was interested in any more info on your experience with Noel? I am considering using him for our upcoming time in Falmouth next month. Thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...
New to Cruise Critic. We are arriving in Falmouth on the Disney Fantasy in a couple of weeks. I just read a number of reviews here. People referring to Liberty Tours, Peat Taylor Tours, Jamaica Phil. I did see the link to Jamaica Phil; can you provide means of contact with the other two? Thanks.

www.libertytoursjamaica.com

BEST tour ever! Highlight of our cruise stop in Falmouth.

Watch that video taken from Liberty Tour's website. Makes you want to go there NOW!

If you book with Noel, make sure he is your driver and that he gives you a detailed meeting location. We were in the Taxi area waiting and couldn't find him and were getting worried as we could not locate him. I guess he was in the side parking lot. We had his wonderful, lovely wife but there was no narration about Jamaica as I would expect from a guide. She did answer our questons. We also didn't have music in the car, so I didn't "feel" as if I was in Jamaica. Don't take me wrong, she was really, really nice but for $250 i expected more. Our tour at turtle river falls and lunch at Scotchies was great!

I was interested in any more info on your experience with Noel? I am considering using him for our upcoming time in Falmouth next month. Thank you very much

We went directly from Falmouth to the rivertubing area. The ride down the river was less than 1 hour. It was so fun. The guides really make the trip(they work totally for tips). They sang and made up Jamaican wrap songs about us. They were also great at retrieving us when we floated into the weeds(mostly me for some reason).

The Steve took us to Dunn's Falls. PERFECT timing! We got there just as all the excursion mega buses were leaving. We climbed on our own(definitely do NOT need a guide. Our kids(9 and 13) climbed up and down different routes. We took tons of phots on the rocks and under the falls. We totally took our time. We only saw a few other people. It was an incredible experience. TOTALLY different than several years ago when we did the climb holding hands with 3,482 other people on the falls( I may be slightly off on my tourist count).

Then we went to Scotchies for jerk chicken and pork. We returned to port with more than an hour to spare. REALLY a SPECTACULAR day!

I have never met Steve's wife, but Steve is a sweetheart. I'm very talkative and asked lots of questions. I told him he should talk more. I think he just wasn't sure if we wanted to relax and enjoy the drive or listen to him chat the whole time. I promise, you will have a great day with him.

By the way, going to the falls from Falmouth is not an inexpensive excursion. We are very frugal travelers. I can tell you, for slightly more money with Steve, I'd avoid the group tours for sure. Even with the other popular tours from this sight, you will often be in a shuttle bus or van with a group and forced to adhere to a specific schedule. It's sooo nice to go as you please.