Splash Academy Talent Show??

English101

My in-laws sailed on Breakaway in May 2013. They mentioned that there is a kid's talent show through Splash Academy. I have the dailies and Splash Academy weekly schedule from their sailing. It was listed as "Sea Super Stars" and was performed on Saturday in the Theater. I've done several searches and can only find mention of the kid's talent show in 2013.

My question is: Are they still doing a kids talent show!?!? My daughters would love to do their dance routine, complete with costumes, on our October cruise, but I haven't heard any mention of a kid's talent show recently. I've only heard of the crew talent show.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

My in-laws sailed on Breakaway in May 2013. They mentioned that there is a kid's talent show through Splash Academy. I have the dailies and Splash Academy weekly schedule from their sailing. It was listed as "Sea Super Stars" and was performed on Saturday in the Theater. I've done several searches and can only find mention of the kid's talent show in 2013.

My question is: Are they still doing a kids talent show!?!? My daughters would love to do their dance routine, complete with costumes, on our October cruise, but I haven't heard any mention of a kid's talent show recently. I've only heard of the crew talent show.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Would love to know more about this too!

We will sail on the Breakaway (Aug 31). On the Gem last December, the kids had a really fun circus show on the last sea day of the cruise.

Would love to know more about this too!

We will sail on the Breakaway (Aug 31). On the Gem last December, the kids had a really fun circus show on the last sea day of the cruise.

The circus show is all I've heard about lately. Perhaps there weren't enough kids participating in the talent show.

We were on the Jewel in July with our 9 year old niece and there was a circus show and not a talent show. They practiced during the week on circus-type acts (plate spinning, lasso, etc.). No one did any separate acts apart from their little group. However, my niece LOVED it. So even if they can't do their own dance acts, they will have fun.

There was a kids show last week on Breakaway. We did not attend, but it is my understanding that it was a acts rehearsed during the week with friends at Splash Academy. Sorry I can't be of more help than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have sailed the Breakaway twice now and attended the kid's talent show both times. It is adorable!

For the most part, it is the result of activities they did over the course of the week. I only recall one or two where they did an individual talent. It would be hard to showcase every child in their own routine. There would also be upset parents/family members who felt their child did not get some special attention.

My favorite part of the show is always the "Ice Cream and Cake" song and dance.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you everyone!

We were on the Jewel in July with our 9 year old niece and there was a circus show and not a talent show. They practiced during the week on circus-type acts (plate spinning, lasso, etc.). No one did any separate acts apart from their little group. However, my niece LOVED it. So even if they can't do their own dance acts, they will have fun.

Thanks. I have heard the circus show is fun. Happy to hear your niece loved it!

There was a kids show last week on Breakaway. We did not attend, but it is my understanding that it was a acts rehearsed during the week with friends at Splash Academy. Sorry I can't be of more help than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you.

We have sailed the Breakaway twice now and attended the kid's talent show both times. It is adorable!

For the most part, it is the result of activities they did over the course of the week. I only recall one or two where they did an individual talent. It would be hard to showcase every child in their own routine. There would also be upset parents/family members who felt their child did not get some special attention.

My favorite part of the show is always the "Ice Cream and Cake" song and dance.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your response. I do know, for a fact (I have the dailies and Splash Academy weekly schedule), that there was a time that they had an actual talent show. However, it was only the 3rd Breakaway sailing and many things have changed since then. Since you made the mention of seeing 1 or 2 do an individual talent, I will pack their costumes...ya never know if they'll come in handy and they don't take up much space. However, I have a sneaky suspicion they were still talents suggested by the staff. I can see how a talent show could go wrong in so many ways. And I totally agree about the parents/family.

Does anyone happen to have recent Splash Academy weekly schedules? I know they could be much different from my sailing since we are on the first Bahamas itinerary of the season but I'd like to compare to the schedule from May 2013 which was Bermuda.

Thanks again!

We just got off the Star cruise and they had a circus show on the last sea day.

The kids got to sign up earlier in the week for a "talent" that they learned and practiced each day at the kids club.

It was roping, balancing a peacock feather, plate spinning, devil sticks, chinese yo yo (the spool with string/sticks)

The little 3-5 yr olds were "tigers" and jumped thru a fire hoop which was really cute!

The 6-12 yr olds did the circus acts. They broke them out into younger/older kids for the performances. They painted their faces for the show as well and all the kids had a great time! They also added in a few skits for comedy.

They did not allow kids to showcase their own talent. I know a few that asked but were denied.

We just got off the Star cruise and they had a circus show on the last sea day.

The kids got to sign up earlier in the week for a "talent" that they learned and practiced each day at the kids club.

It was roping, balancing a peacock feather, plate spinning, devil sticks, chinese yo yo (the spool with string/sticks)

The little 3-5 yr olds were "tigers" and jumped thru a fire hoop which was really cute!

The 6-12 yr olds did the circus acts. They broke them out into younger/older kids for the performances. They painted their faces for the show as well and all the kids had a great time! They also added in a few skits for comedy.

They did not allow kids to showcase their own talent. I know a few that asked but were denied.

Thank you so much! Sad that they can't do their own routine but I TOTALLY understand.