Cathay Pasific Airways

cruiselover68

I have not taken that route, but CP is an excellent airlines. They are usually rated second best in the world -- with Singapore in 1st place. I would use them for any routing, anywhere.

Paul

I have not taken that route, but CP is an excellent airlines. They are usually rated second best in the world -- with Singapore in 1st place. I would use them for any routing, anywhere.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I booked my flight already going to Alaska on Mercury in July.

It was fare promotion, so I guess I am as twice as lucky now: got cheap fare and will fly on a great airline.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Paul, I booked my flight already going to Alaska on Mercury in July.

It was fare promotion, so I guess I am as twice as lucky now: got cheap fare and will fly on a great airline.

Amazingly, Cathay is STILL running the $327.00 price from JFK to YVR. Good through the end of the year. Must be having a hard time filling that plane, as the plane continues on to HKG and is almost ALWAYS at capacity from YVR to HKG.

You got a very good deal-one of the best airlines in the world AND a super price from NYC. Congrats!!!!

Must be having a hard time filling that plane, as the plane continues on to HKG and is almost ALWAYS at capacity from YVR to HKG.
I suspect that this is because most of the higher-yielding HKG-JFK traffic is now going on the non-stop. So YVR-JFK has become a true tag-end, with all the load difficulties that entails. If CX gets enough traffic on HKG-JFK to justify a second non-stop, I would expect to see the YVR-JFK tag-end dropped completely.

We used Cathay Pacific in March and it was the best airline by far....went from Vancouver to New York, not full but on way back from New York, plane was full. Great food and service.:)

Archived