A couple questions

On our last trip a cab driver told us that Playa Del Carmen was a great place but did not explain to much more. I see a thread but I must be missing these questions. We will be in Cozumel.

How do you get there?

Is it doable?

Cost?

Comments/suggestions?

Thanks.

It's very doable. I love PDC and have been going there for years. There are two ferry docks in Coz/PDC (owned by different companies). Just walk over and buy a ticket. The ferry leaves every hour. I don't remember the price since I haven't taken it in awhile, but it wasn't much. When you buy your ticket, DO NOT buy round trip. If you buy a roundtrip ticket you are only allowed to leave at the designated return time on the ticket. Buy a one way and then another one way when you're ready to return so you can come back as you wish. I hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We stay south of PDC and have taken the ferry often and although the waves are generally high along the Caribbean coast we've never experienced a bad ride but do be aware that can happen.

PDC is not a destination I would recommend for a cruiser on Cozumel unless you have already experienced Cozumel and have made plans to go to one of the many natural excurson sites in the Yucatan. The town itself has grown a lot and is no longer a nice little fishing village, 5th Ave is a very busy walking street with many, many shops and restaurants. It is a fun place to enjoy drinks and dinner in the evening, but during the day it's just a busy shopping area. There are some great boutique hotels on the water there though. Tulum is the "new PDC" but is a bit of a ride for someone on a short excursion to the Yucatan.

OOPS - old thread, sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived