Star Pride: 10-day Singapore round-trip

mriguySeattle

Hello!

I'd love to hear reviews of the 10-day round-trip Singapore cruise on the Star Pride from those that took this voyage in December 2014. We're booked on the March 30 voyage and would appreciate reading feedback on the overall condition of the ship, the shore excursions (the good and the bad) and port impressions. Thanks in advance for any info!

• 1 month later...

Hi, we were on the December 2014 cruise. The condition of the ship is very good. Windstar were doing extensive renovations during our cruise and I suspect they'll now be complete. The sun loungers were new and very comfortable. Towels new. The interior has had a make over and it presents extremely well.

I highly recommend the Penang cooking school at the Spice markets. Avoid the Phi Phi Island trip. Please read my comments posted on 19/02/2015 re Ko Yao Noi.

We enjoyed our cruise despite the shore excursions not living up to expectations. The food, the crew, the spacious cabins and the lovely other Windstar passengers make our trip memorable. Happy sailing.

Enjoy Singapore. We really enjoyed the gardens around Marina Bay, the observation deck at Marina Bay Sands, the Botanical Gardens (particularly the Orchids) and little Arab Street. You can easily get around on the MRT and walk around points of interest then jump back on the MRT.

Taxis are also cheap and available except when it rains or on a Friday afternoon.

New to Cruise Critic so I hope I'm doing this correctly...

Sailing on Star Pride Feb. 28 Singapore round trip. Interested in touring Kuala Lumpur in small group with guide. Ship excursions do not appeal. Anyone interested or know how to arrange?

Leaving Feb. 24 for 3 nights in Singapore. Can't wait!

Joan & Mark

Sailing on Star Pride Feb. 28 Singapore round trip. Interested in touring Kuala Lumpur in small group with guide. Ship excursions do not appeal. Anyone interested or know how to arrange?

Joan & Mark

Hi Joan and Mark - we have booked a private tour with a company called We Go With Anuar http://www.wegowithanuar.com. The company was recommended by cruise critic members. He offers a "Shore Excursion for Cruise Passengers" which is 8.30 - 4.30pm and covers the highlights of KL. The trip is currently hubby and I, but you are most welcome to join us.

Let me know

Sandy

Joan & Mark

Your Roll Call can be found here:

Star pride - singapore 28 february 2015