DDP Yoga...Anyone Doing It?

OnePsychLynne

Hi everyone! I'm kind of desperate to lose the 60 pounds I put on in 2008 and still haven't. I've tried everything I can think of to lose weight but the common denominator in my failure is...well, ME.

I never stick with anything :( I try to change my eating habits but then I get frustrated and eat whatever. I bought a gym membership, then personal training services for six months and never finished. Then I found Arthur Boorman's transformation video on YouTube and I finally have some hope.

Has anyone else heard of DDP Yoga and tried it or considered trying it? I started it two days ago and so far...I LOVE it! The workouts are short (between 15 and 30 minutes average) and like nothing I've ever seen or done before.

I've already joined a support group on Facebook and enlisted my boyfriend's help to keep me accountable (he goes to the gym five days a week for at least two hours EVERY day-makes me sick LOL)

So, in the spirit of being accountable...Hi, my name is Lynne. I am a 38 y/o female, 5'6 and 185#. Short term goal 10# per month. Long term goal 135#.

Sent from my Galaxy S4. Typos inevitable.

All I can say is good luck, not familiar with that program. OK I can say something else just make sure what you do is a lifestyle change not a diet...being healthy is a full time job, so it has to be doable for the long term. there are no quick fixes, that does not mean you can't indulge from time to time. Just as a side note you are the only one who can keep yourself accountable, if you fall off the wagon, just get back on and continue we all have our fails from time to time, but the secret is not to let that fail make you quit. Good Luck.

The program is a combination of yoga and strength training, but Diamond Dallas Page (the DDP in DDP Yoga lol) makes it truly enjoyable. He does not use complicated yoga terms but makes it fun by using names like "Cat Arch", "Broken Table" and "Dead Bug". His original program was called YRG-Yoga for Regular Guys.

I accepted a challenge to lose 30# in 30 days. Do I believe I will achieve that? No, because I'm not morbidly obese and most of you know that the less you have to lose the harder it is to get the pounds off. However, what I really committed to was changing my life over the next 30 days. I will eat well and make healthy choices. I will drink lots of water and I will workout at least once a day for a minimum of 30 minutes. So far I am 6 for 6! I have not checked the scales or done any measurements but I may tomorrow or Sunday just to see if I'm on track or if I need to amp it up. I will be happy with any improvement. My plan is to make it a permanent change. My boyfriend is very healthy and works out all the time, so he is a great support system for me.

For those of you that are interested in learning more, below is the link to Arthur Boorman's amazing transformation and the link to the DDP Yoga website. It's not a sales pitch lol, I just know it is making a difference in my life and maybe it can make a difference in yours <3

The greatest transformation in fitness history!:

http://ddpyoga.com/

http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/exercise/ddp-yoga-is-everywhere-but-does-it-deliver-20140609

Thanx for the link, i do Yoga two nights a week this sound interesting as a am Just a regular guy. And yes those lasy few pounds are the hardest, found loosing 50 pounds to be much easier that dropping the last 10 I want to before doing a lean bulk and just maintaining. Good luck.

Good morning everyone! Just thought I'd post my stats. It will help me stay accountable, if nothing else :-D

Started DDP Yoga 8/29/14:

Weight 185

Waist 34.5

Hips 45

L Arm 12.5

R Arm 13

L Thigh 26.5

R Thigh 27

L Calf 15

R Calf 15.5

9/13/14

Weight 185

Waist 33

Hips 45

L Arm 12

R Arm 12.5

L Thigh 26

R Thigh 27

L Calf 15.5

R Calf 15.5

Edited by OnePsychLynne

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of stopped for about 2 weeks as my weight was discouraging me. But the inches are slowly coming off :)

Current

10/2/14

Weight 185

Waist 33

Hips 45

L Arm 12

R Arm 12.5

L Thigh 26

R Thigh 27

L Calf 15

R Calf 15.5

Don't get discouraged, you may be gaining muscle as some forms of yoga are quit physically challenging. Let the mirror, tape measure and the way your clothes fit be your guide...don't rely on the scale especially in the beginning. I take yoga twice a week in addition to weight lifting and After reading your link about DDP discovered my yoga teacher is teaching something very similar DDP. Hang in there and don't give up. You are worth the effort.

There is only one real way to loose the pounds and that is burn more calories than you consume....don't worry about the "going into starvation mode" its not really a factor. If you want to PM me which i think we can on this site I can send you an outline for dropping pounds rather quickly that is easy and you don't starve yourself. And no I am not selling a thing. Just been there done that and continuing to do it. Support is always good.

Hi been doing DDP Yoga since August. Actually started watching my diet and walking since mid June. Im down 44lbs!!!!! :D I eat 3 meals a day, no snacking. I cut out all soda & sweet tea. I drink water water and more water with an occasional crystal light drink. My husband and I do DDP 6 mornings a week and also TRY to walk 3 miles 6 nights a week... sometimes the walking will be biking for me if DH is working. Sometimes we do the treadmill if its raining. Sometimes we have an off night but rarely. Saturdays are our off days, we keep the Grandson every Sat. We also CHEAT !! Had tacos and cheese dip from Mexican place this past Tues. :eek: I believe this has worked for me because I still eat garlic bread and spaghetti for dinner but i also cut my portions. Im 5' and was 211lbs. My goal was to lose 50lbs. With my cruise coming up tomorrow , I hope to not gain too many pounds but im def NOT skipping that WARM MELTING CAKE :D:D

Hi been doing DDP Yoga since August. Actually started watching my diet and walking since mid June. Im down 44lbs!!!!! :D I eat 3 meals a day, no snacking. I cut out all soda & sweet tea. I drink water water and more water with an occasional crystal light drink. My husband and I do DDP 6 mornings a week and also TRY to walk 3 miles 6 nights a week... sometimes the walking will be biking for me if DH is working. Sometimes we do the treadmill if its raining. Sometimes we have an off night but rarely. Saturdays are our off days, we keep the Grandson every Sat. We also CHEAT !! Had tacos and cheese dip from Mexican place this past Tues. :eek: I believe this has worked for me because I still eat garlic bread and spaghetti for dinner but i also cut my portions. Im 5' and was 211lbs. My goal was to lose 50lbs. With my cruise coming up tomorrow , I hope to not gain too many pounds but im def NOT skipping that WARM MELTING CAKE :D:D

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's awesome! DDP Yoga is the most fun I've had working out. There is a FB support page called DDPYoga and we'd love for you to join :) It is truly the most supportive group I've ever been a part of ands not one time have I EVER seen anyone be less than positive when responding to someone . The moderators absolutely will not allow it.

Come back after your cruise and let us know how you did. I can't wait until my cruise in February and I hope I've lost enough that I feel like I can eat most of what I want while I'm there. I'm planning to take my DVDs with me though so I can cuss out DDP in the middle of Fat Burner when he's making me hold the Broken Table position and talking instead of counting LOL

It's working!!!! I've lost 6lbs and 7.5" in the last 45 days :-D

Started DDP Yoga 8/29/14:

Weight 185

Waist 34.5

Hips 45

L Arm 12.5

R Arm 13

L Thigh 26.5

R Thigh 27

L Calf 15

R Calf 15.5

Current

10/12/14

Weight 179

Waist 32

Hips 43

L Arm 12

R Arm 12

L Thigh 26

R Thigh 26.5

L Calf 15

R Calf 15

Edited by OnePsychLynne
Added additional info

• 2 weeks later...

Hows it going? I've been out of the Yoga class due to a having fluid on my knee for last 3 going on 4 weeks, plus out of gym for 6 due to minor back injury. Fortunately no weight gain as I cut back my calorie count just before all this happened so i have managed to keep weight off without the exercise. i hope to get back in to gym this week. I still have some fluid on my knee but I'm gonna try yoga tomorrow night. I miss the workouts and yoga...it was my decompress time. Hope you are doing well.

Hows it going? I've been out of the Yoga class due to a having fluid on my knee for last 3 going on 4 weeks, plus out of gym for 6 due to minor back injury. Fortunately no weight gain as I cut back my calorie count just before all this happened so i have managed to keep weight off without the exercise. i hope to get back in to gym this week. I still have some fluid on my knee but I'm gonna try yoga tomorrow night. I miss the workouts and yoga...it was my decompress time. Hope you are doing well.

I'm actually doing some of them in an online group now. Very cool to have the interaction and not have to leave my house :)

• 1 month later...

I don't know how I missed your post, I'm so sorry! I have yet to get back on the scales or to do measurements because I get very discouraged when I don't see results. I'm doing a two week challenge that ends on Saturday so I'll probably at least try to get them then so I have a baseline. Glad to hear you're back on the game!