Ditching Princess for a Queen

Asa Hartz

If there is a woman traveling with you, the dress for formal nights does not have to be ball gown formal. Woman can wear fancy tops with long skirts that can be worn with multiple tops. The skirts can also be worn mix and match on semiformal nights. Helps with the packing. Fancy cocktail dresses also usually work. For more information on dress code, there are many threads on the topic.

We love our Cunard cruises as well as the cruises we've taken on RCCL, Celebrity, Princess and HAL. Cunard does have a more refined atmosphere which makes for a different cruise experience. We like flow riders and zip lines and ice skating shows on RCCL. We like bridge games and lectures and afternoon tea and watching ballroom dancing on Cunard.

The dress code is for dinner and evening. During the day, just dress neatly.

If there is a woman traveling with you, the dress for formal nights does not have to be ball gown formal. Woman can wear fancy tops with long skirts that can be worn with multiple tops. The skirts can also be worn mix and match on semiformal nights. Helps with the packing. Fancy cocktail dresses also usually work. For more information on dress code, there are many threads on the topic....

The dress code is for dinner and evening. During the day, just dress neatly.

Thanks for the input. I know DW will find it reassuring.:)

Ray 66 and Foster269 are both correct about waiters serving drinks in the Lido. This change was made after the refit as someone as already pointed out.

Works well and never have to wait for the server to attend to you for too long.

I know Asa Hartz is going to enjoy the cruise as he/she sounds a good fun person. QE is a lovely ship so enjoy yourself. ;)

One thing I know for sure you will have some brilliant weather. It is a lovely month is October here in the Eastern Mediterrean. Wall to wall sunshine. Sorry QE is not calling in my home place here in Cyprus but not to worry I shall be on her in November.

Edited by maggiemou
to add the weather forcast.