Playa Mia vs. Nachi Cocom mother-daughter trip

amma15

Hello all, I've been reading a lot of review of different AI beach parks in Cozumel and I'm between these 2. Help me decide which might be best for us to go to later this month!

We are a group of 6 all first time cruisers on RC. 3 mothers (early 50s) and 3 daughters (early 30s late 20s). We don't mind the crowds but we're not looking for a party scene out of this trip. We want to be surrounded by beautiful scenery in a place with great service. I definitely want to get in the water and maybe snorkel and see pretty things. If there's room to walk around and explore the grounds and do some souvenir shopping that would be cool too.

Thoughts?

Snorkeling from the shore will be poor at any place with a sandy beach.

Nachi does not offer much for shopping but you should be able to take care of that near your pier. Not sure about shopping at Playa Mia?

Nachi sounds like a better fit for your crowd to me - Playa Mia tends to attract many more families with younger kids because of the water park. Playa Mia is much larger and offers water toys, etc. - if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing beach day with good drinks/food/service I would choose Nachi.

Mitsugirly has detailed photo reviews of both linked in the signature of any of her posts.

Snorkeling from the shore will be poor at any place with a sandy beach.

Nachi does not offer much for shopping but you should be able to take care of that near your pier. Not sure about shopping at Playa Mia?

Nachi sounds like a better fit for your crowd to me - Playa Mia tends to attract many more families with younger kids because of the water park. Playa Mia is much larger and offers water toys, etc. - if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing beach day with good drinks/food/service I would choose Nachi.

Mitsugirly has detailed photo reviews of both linked in the signature of any of her posts.

I am leaning towards nachi, but I liked how playa was so much bigger and it seems like there's an area with little shops which would be nice for us. As you said though, we can probably do that the ports. With regards to snorkeling, I know that nachi does a 2 hour snorkeling excursion that we can pay extra for and I'm assuming playa may do that as well. However the timing seemed like it was going to conflict with our timing but I was going to email them to see if they can change the times. Our port time is 9-6 and the 2 nachi cocum snorkel excursions are 9-11 and 3-5. I figured if it's not a busy high volume resort they would be receptive to changing the times.

Do you think there will be lots of kids there during an October cruise? I have checked out mitsugirly posts after I posted this last night and the pics were awesome. Thanks for the feedback!!!