Yes, another CHEERS question, Sensation buy on 2nd day?

twolittlelovebugs06

I know CHEERS has been a major topic of discussion all over, but I was wondering if any recent travelers on the Carnival Sensation was able to purchase CHEERS on the second day.

We are hoping to board the ship as early as possible, but we are also bringing two bottles of champagne (one for each of us of course). I was thinking on embarkation day we can just load up on orange juice from the buffet (if that's possible) and then make our own drinks for the remainder of the day and celebrating sail away! (Of course we might buy an additional drink or two, but I think 2 bottles will hold us over enough).

So then I was wondering if it's possible to buy CHEERS the next morning when we wake up on Day 2! (And only be charged for the 3 remaining days) That would save us a hundred bucks, plus gives us time to drink the bottles we bring on board.

I just called Carnival, but I didn't get a straight answer so now I'm hoping someone has had experience with this on the Sensation since the recent price drop! (I could just wait till I board, but I'm a Finance major so of course my budget has to be absolutely to the T!)

Thanks for any information anyone can share!!

Only 13 more days!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is the million dollar question. They took the wording out of the FAQ when they did the price change. Some have said you still can and others have said they were only able to purchase the first day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not sure on the price savings on waiting until the second day but...... By the time you board they will have already taken the OJ away. Not sure if you can get a glass from the bar.

Good idea just not sure it will work!

Oh thank you so much for saying this!! This is our first cruise so I don't know what to expect buffet wise (so when people say juice, water, tea and lemonade is free, I assumed OJ was out all the time) Now I'm just going to buy the 12 pack bottles from the store and bring our own aboard!

I am just keeping my fingers crossed 24/7 that it is okay to buy the 2nd day... It would make everything work out perfectly!!! I'll be able to let you guys know my experience in 14 days exactly but I'm hoping someone returning soon (from the Sensation) is able to reply!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is actually tax and a 15% gratuity added to the cost of the CHEERS program. It states it in the FAQ section on the carnival website.

I am going on a 4 day sailing on the Sensation and had these same questions. We were instructed there the Carnival Customer Service that the new updates to the CHEERS program states it is for all days of the cruise or no days at all. And they confirmed there is tax and gratuity added to the package. They weren't sure what the tax rate would be but with gratuity it's around $414.

There are also exclusions such as buckets of beer, anything over 10 dollars, and bottles of water among several others.

Good luck and have a great cruise! :)

Edited by CruizinMama1026

There is actually tax and a 15% gratuity added to the cost of the CHEERS program. It states it in the FAQ section on the carnival website.

I am going on a 4 day sailing on the Sensation and had these same questions. We were instructed there the Carnival Customer Service that the new updates to the CHEERS program states it is for all days of the cruise or no days at all. And they confirmed there is tax and gratuity added to the package. They weren't sure what the tax rate would be but with gratuity it's around $414.

There are also exclusions such as buckets of beer, anything over 10 dollars, and bottles of water among several others.

There is no tax on the actual program. The only tax you will pay is on the individual drinks you may consume while in US ports. Been there, done that.

I was on the Sunshine 9/5/2014 sailing, my brother and I purchased CHEERS on the first day. We paid $345 per person. That was the cost of CHEERS at $37.50 per day ($300) for 8 day sailing and 15% gratuity ($45). I looked at the charges on my receipt, and there was no tax.

• 2 weeks later...
This might have changed, but we were on the Sensation last November, and Cheers was not offered on that sailing. (Three day sailing to Bahamas.)

From the Cheers FAQ just seconds ago:

>> 3 day $55 per person/per day

4 day $45 per person/per day

5 and 6 day $42.50 per person/per day

7 days and longer $37.50 per person/per day <<