Romance package-do we need to pre-book?

My husband and I want to purchase the basic romance package ($100), which includes champagne at sail away. Do we need to order it ahead of time, or can we do it as soon as we get onboard? Will ordering it asap on embarkation day prevent them from delivering the champagne in time for sail away?

We would like to use some of our on board credit to pay for it, and we were told we could not reserve it ahead of time based on our onboard credit balance, even though our balance shows way more than enough to cover the cost.

I have bought this package previously, (prior to boarding) the champagne has usually been in the stateroom on arrival, however I wouldn't like to say it would be there for definite, as other parts of the package did not arrive until much later in the day and on one occasion not until the following day!

If you have onboard credit, why not consider buying a bottle of champagne from one of the bars and get it 'to go' with 2 glasses?

Alternatively, the bar server will open the bottle, pour your 2 glasses and keep the rest of the bottle refrigerated until you come back from sail away. We have done all of the above before and all have worked out well.

Hope this helps

Edited by saffikins

Since the romance package is a package offered by gifts & gear, which is a separate shoreside department of RCI...I do not know of any way to order it once you are already onboard.

This is a very good point! I will call and ask about it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I have bought this package previously, (prior to boarding) the champagne has usually been in the stateroom on arrival, however I wouldn't like to say it would be there for definite, as other parts of the package did not arrive until much later in the day and on one occasion not until the following day!

If you have onboard credit, why not consider buying a bottle of champagne from one of the bars and get it 'to go' with 2 glasses?

Alternatively, the bar server will open the bottle, pour your 2 glasses and keep the rest of the bottle refrigerated until you come back from sail away. We have done all of the above before and all have worked out well.

Hope this helps

I like the way you think! Maybe after we eat, we will buy the champagne directly.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alternatively, you are allowed to bring 2 bottles wine / champagne per cabin onboard, so you could just bring it and use OBC for something else.

You could get room attendant to get you some ice to chill it as soon as cabins are ready, though that might be challenging on the first day,