Monterey CA Tour

t We will be spending a day in Monterey CA next May, can anyone recommend a local tour to include Cannery Row and the 17 Mile Drive? any additional sites will be a bonus!

Friends of ours went with AG Venture Tours during 2 trips to Monterey on RCCL. 1st time for a full day tour, and the 2nd time for a half day. They were very satisfied.

I live in Monterey, and personally feel the 17 mile drive is a bit over-rated. We drive the coast by way of Asilomar beach every week when going grocery shopping, and both DW and I feel that is a far better experience.

I will poke around over the next few weeks and see if there are any other tour operators. We were down that way today, but there are very few tourists here now due to it being cold, and the last weekend before Christmas.

• 4 months later...

Mlainfl. Have you considered renting a car in Monterey for the day? We did this last year with a rental car from Enterprise. The company sent a van to the port and picked us up. Very easy to rent a car and do on your own at your own pace. We did not encounter a lot of traffic either. We left the ship right after it was cleared for an early start to our day.

17 Mile drive begins right outside Monterey. It is a very pretty drive down to Carmel and a fun place to walk around and have lunch. On the way back you can make a stop at Cannery Row and have plenty of time before returning the car and returning to the ship.