Celebrity Babysitting - The Guide

Adam Rose

I went on the Celebrity Equinox in August this year and was asking and asking before I went about the babysitting system and how it worked. Here is a little guide to how we found it and if anyone has an questions about the sitting or Fun Factory please ask.

So as soon as we got on board we went to the reception and booked all the days we wanted babysitting for. ( It doesn't matter if its sea or port days! )

You have to put down date and times! - So you need to work it out before you get there. At this point nothing is guaranteed as they need to find staff that are available.

The problem is that they book the babysitters day by day so you never know if you have one until they call your stateroom to confirm usually in the afternoon!

So you get a call in the afternoon saying that babysitters are confirmed! I usually would call and chase them up anyway. It's 2 staff per babysitting ( for legal reasons ) we had mostly 1 person from the Fun Factory and maybe someone from reception, a cleaner or even the singer from the show!

We usually booked for 2.5 hours which worked out about $50 a night, but if you want to come back early the will not charge.

We put down for like 13 nights and got about 12 nights babysitting. ( and this was in August when there are alot of kids ) Our girls were 1 and 3 at the time so we would usually get them into bed and asleep before they came but some of them would come with colouring pens and books to entertain the kids.

Its a good and bad system as if it works out then your fine but you can never plan anything until you have magic call!!