How often do accidents occur during Cirque?

Mrbluray

Was on the Epic from Apr 13-20 and saw the Cirque dinner. During one of the acts, one guy was lifting another guy when they lost balance and came crashing down. That HAD to hurt....

Anyways, wonder how often accidents happen? It can't be easy doing those acts on a moving vessel...

It's part of the show. LOL! It happened on our Epic sailing and then I realized it happened to another show later in the week. It's actually part of the schtick.

Maybe they fell twice? I don't think it was...

they checked the guy, and they redid the stunt without the fall.

They didn't fall when I was at Cirque. There were no accidents (that I'm aware of...) during our showing.

I'm pretty sure I remember the part that you're talking about... and ouch, yeah, that would have been painful, I'm sure.

Any good performer would play it off as part of the show, even if it wasn't.

LOL

Yes that stunt is part of the show. I was on the Feb 9 sailing and thought the same thing at first (that they fell). But it is part of the show as others have pointed out. And to make it even more real, they check him out afterwards as if it was a real fall.

GOTCHA

(but they had me too for a bit)

On our recent cruise several of our friends booked on different days and times. At some shows they fell and for some they didn't. That made me think that do fall and make it look like it's part of the show. I think those guys sweat a lot and probably hands get slippery.

On one day some flashing lights went on at the tent while we were walking outside. Not sure what happened but heard one of the performer fell. Didn't verify as we were running for another show.

Archived