Carnival Magic ports

cruise.freak

I am looking at going on the Magic next summer and thinking about the Belize, Cozumel and Mahogany Bay cruise. We been to Belize about 10 years ago and of course we been to Cozumel but never to Mahogany Bay. Is there a pretty good itinerary? We need to cruise out of Galveston and they have the usual route of Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman we have done many times and than the Key West, Naussa and Freeport we have never done.

Mahogany Bay is actually Roatan. I love love love Roatan! It is so beautiful! We used Christopher tours and ziplined and then the beach. They treated us like family and we had a private driver all day. My daughter 8 at the time LOVED zipping. The beaches are amazing! There was monkeys at the zipline place my son played with (with our driver supervising) while we zipped. he could have zipped but was to scared.

Please do reviews on the Magic because it has never been able to make the Isle of Roatan port since it has come to Galveston as the homeport, it either has to skip it or go to a different port..... especially if this is a port you are very interested in.

If the winds/surf is able to allow the ship to dock they will go to Coxen Hole. But that has only happened once since the ship has been doing the route all the other times it will try to get in but the wind will be over 15 knots or higher and will not allow a ship that size in either port and they will have to do a day at sea... This only happens with the ships in the Dream class i.e. Dream, Magic..

I was on Key West, Nassau and Freeport on the Magic and it was alright, but we also did excursions for 2 of the ports. We LOVED Key West (did the pub crawl, highly recommended!), Freeport we did an all inclusive hotel for the day (would be worth it if the weather is good!) and Nassau we couldn't find much that we wanted to do so stayed on the boat.

Archived