Disembarking Thomson Majesty in Gran Canaria and flying home to Gatwick

I am not sure of the exact timings but you can stay aboard the ship until your coach departure time. So if you have a late flight you can stay on the ship all day or even go ashore or on an excursion. You can even use your free drinks package! You have to vacate your cabin but there is the possibility of booking another for freshening up etc. some people have discovered that there are free showers with towels in the gym area but this varies by ship.

Oops! there is also a manned storage area for hand luggage.

Thanks for your reply Dave.

However, the main reason for asking is to know roughly how long we are likely to be stuck at Gran Canaria Airport as I normally book VIP lounges when I travel and to use these, timing is all important.

Looking at yesterday’s flights back to the UK. There were seven in all, two of which were from and back to Gatwick. One of which was 1 hour late in leaving Gatwick and the other 2 hours late in leaving Gatwick which meant that although the first flight caught up some time, the second flight back was still 1 and a half hours late in departing Gran Canaria.

As coach and departure times are published on board, as an insert sheet to the cruise news, delays will not be known when the departure sheet is printed. I would like to have anyone’s first-hand experience as to what the departure sheet said and as to how long you might spend at the airporto.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi have just come back Saturday on the first flight into gatwick we left ship at 5 pm sharp n check in complete by 6pm boarding started at 7.05 and we took of about 8 pm landing at gatwick at 12.10 am Sunday morning passports were quiet but we waited ages for bagge carousel to eventually display ,you was correct flight out was hour late we arrived on ship at 9 pm muster at 9.30 cases arrived then headed to buffet about 10.15 as main restaurant was closed by then.

Hope this helps you decide

Paul from Kent