NYC - Honolulu

knsky

Sailing on 10/8 on POH and decided to get air through NCL (great package deal). :)

Don't know flight yet but has anyone else ever used this package?? How was it?:confused:

Appreciate any information you may have.

From NYC to HNL, there is such a plethora of possible carriers and routings. Would be impossible to say exactly who/how you'll be taking your flights, and past examples wouldn't likely tell you what the future holds. (Maybe in markets with very limited service, but NYC-HNL!!) Greatam did a great posting about the mechanics of "cruise air" and how tickets are allocated - you might want to do a search and track down that very informative post.

You'll find out around the 30 day mark and go from there. Sorry.

Hi FlyerTalker:

That's pretty much what I figured. It was just too good of a deal to let go. It is making the control freak in me go into overdrive. The wait is killing me!!!

Thanks for your help.

Now... any tips on jet lag:p ????

Knsky

Now... any tips on jet lag:p ????

Just the usual stuff....don't consume alcohol onboard, eat moderatly, pre-adjust your body by moving the internal clock towards your new time zone in advance (westbound - stay up later at night, get up later in the morning, eat when the clock is at your destination time zone's meal time).

Personally, I don't have much trouble with jet lag or time zone shifts. Mrs. FT gets a bit wiped out and needs a day to get back in synch. Pretty much a personal thing, and I have learned not to discount the effects on others.

I'd try moving your personal schedule later as a technique....have your lunch late, and dinner late and the same with sleep. Might work.

As for the control issues, two points: 1) recognize that you lose that control when you buy cruise air. 2) Dr. FT will be having a workshop for those who absolutely have to be on top of everything....:D

When we lived in Hawaii I always found that I didn't have a problem with jet lag going from the east coast to HI. It was coming from there to the east coast that was a problem. Part of that is because many of the east bound flights out of HI are red eye flights. Work all day, fly all night and expected to be able to function the next day! The anticipation will help with any jet lag if you have it. Enjoy!

Aloha!

Hannah

Banditcat:

Thanks for the feedback. I just don't want to be drooling on myself when we are in Hawaii:eek:

DH thinks that he is so funny... he kept saying that he will videotape the first 48 hours of highlights for me so I can watch it when we get home to NYC !!! That's what I get for 10 years of marriage and 2 (great) kiddies... heehee.;)

Aloha,

Knsky

Archived