PG At Sea Activities?

smbblack

Hello. We just finalized our booking for the 9/23 cruise and have noted that during this itinerary there are 3 At Sea days. What activities are there on the PG while at sea?

Anyone else booked on this cruise?

Thank you.

Sandee

This ship isn't geared to a lot of non-stop activity. It is geared to relaxation. There is a small library with some good books, there are movies both on the in-room tv and videos to check out, there is a spa where you can get a great massage or pedicure, there is a workout room, and, of course, the pool/sun deck with relaxing chairs. There are also seminars and lectures of various topics of local interest, bridge and galley tours, etc. The days at sea were my favorites!

Wonder who will be the guest lecturers (is that a proper noun?) on the 9/23 cruise.....has anyone heard? The folks on the Nov 2005 Marquesas cruise were fabulous....and of course, once you've heard Eddowes, Suggs, and Cousteau, you are hooked on the late afternoon presentations. We really enjoyed our cruise last Nov. The Marquesas are so rich in culture and history....and wildly beautiful. Going to Tubuai sounds fascinating. Anyone taken the excursion there on last year's cruise? Guess I wandered away from this thread's topic....sorry! Sea days are so relaxing on the PG.......we didn't partake of any activities other than the presentations and relaxing on the balcony and around the pool. Next cruise I plan to sign up EARLY for a pedicure. Heard that the spa staff are wonderful young women from the Philppines.

Les Gauguines offer daytime activities too, like making shell leis or pareo-tying lessons. I think they have something going almost every day. But to echo AnotherThought, it's not a fast-paced environment. I think the PG is the most relaxing place on land or sea.

We are on the 9/23 cruise. I've been reading everything I can find on the PG and I can't wait to get onboard!:)

Nowheretorun --

Hi Steve and Karen!

Looking forward to meeting you in person in September. I've been planning this trip for quite some time and so looking forward to it. The excitement is building....

We are currently reviewing the excursions to decide what we want to do. There are so many choices. Have you decided on any yet?

Thanks to everyone for their responses to my question. It appears that just doing nothing while at sea will be wonderful. Can't wait!

Hello to everyone who posted on this thread. I am thrilled to see your posts as we will also be on the PG 9/23 for 14 Magicical Days!!!!!!! We cruised on the PG in 1999 on a tooooooo short 7 day cruise and our dream was to come back some day to FP and cruise the PG to the Marquesas! I am so excited knowing the wonderful adventure that lies ahead. The PG is graciously understated...........no glitz.......soft comfortable atmosphere with elegant trappings which includes fine dining and the lovely, delightful Les Gauguines.

I look forward to meeting everyone and especially sharing our ideas for excursions etc. I am a water person love anything involved with water, snorkeling, dophins etc. my husband is a land lubber.........he enjoys his books and the serenity of the islands. We rented a car in Moorea and drove around the island and found a lovely restaurant, outdoor dining overlooking the ocean .......it was an awesome afternoon. There is plenty of things to do it just depends on you personal interests. Some excursions book really early so once we get the official list it might be nice to compare interests etc. and see if we can book together. Any questions don't hesitate to ask......

MJ

Some excursions book really early so once we get the official list it might be nice to compare interests etc. MJ

Tika,

Nice to meet someone else booked on the 9/23 sailing. When does the official list of excursions come out? I noticed you're from NJ. Are you flying the non-stop ATN out of JFK on the 22nd? We decided to go for that flight instead of going through LAX. We will be flying up from Dulles that AM.

Smbblack,

I am so happy to meet you here!!!!!!!!!!! Yes we will by flying out of JFK on Friday 9/22 terminal 4 @ 5:15 PM. ATN Flight #3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did the LAX stop over and transfer out first time to Tahiti and believe me it was a long, long journey. It for sure will be much easier flying direct :>)!

We will have to plan to meet at the airport before we board. I am guessing most of the people on the plane will be PG pax.

MJ

Hi Tika and Mj

We are on the LAX flight since we live in Hawaii. We can't fly direct from there , strange isn't it! MJ are you from DC?

We were able to request excursions on the Regent website using our booking number. I really want to take the sunset cruise on Bora Bora. I'm sure no matter what we do it will be great.

Karen

Hi Tika and Mj

We are on the LAX flight since we live in Hawaii. We can't fly direct from there , strange isn't it! MJ are you from DC?

Hi Karen!

Yes, my husband and I live just outside Washington, DC.

It does seem odd that you need to fly to LA to get to Papeete. We were first booked on the flight through LAX but when they opened up the option to go direct from JFK we jumped on it. It's a very long flight but I plan on sleeping most of the way.

We're also interested in the Bora Bora Sunset Catamaran cruise. October 2nd (the day we are in Bora Bora) is our wedding anniversary and we thought the sunset cruise would be something fun and romantic to do. But then I don't think there is anything that's not romantic about this whole trip.

P.S. I believe Tika and MJ are the same person. (Tika - correct me if I'm wrong.)

Sandee

Archived