Houston recommendations please..

Loudermont

Hubby & I are cruising on the Valor 4/22-4/27. We extended our vacation and are not flying out until early in the 29th. We are booked at a Sheraton in Houston for those 2 days..

My question is.. what to do?? Looking for ideas.

It will be just the two of us.

Neither of us built for athletic activity

Enjoy classic rock, 80's & blues

Enjoy good food & good wine

Open to any & all suggestions

Thank you in advance:)

Have had the pleasure to enjoy:

Carnival Celebration 07

Carnival Victory 16

Carnival Valor 17

WO Houston is a big city. Our favorite restaurant is OPUS CAFE in Kemah. A great day would be to tour NASA then head to dinner at OPUS. Superb wine list, outstanding dining. Indoor and outdoor. NOT a chain, quality food outstanding service.

If you do NASA, wait until you stand next to a Saturn Rocket!

That sounds like the perfect day! I forgot about NASA!! We got to enjoy watching a rocket take off from Cape Canaveral last cruise. Now I'm excited!! Thank you!!

Have had the pleasure to enjoy:

Carnival Celebration 07

Carnival Victory 16

Carnival Valor 17

Yes we thought Space Center Houston was well worth the visit.

I also agree with the previous poster about seeing the Saturn Rocket. I took some video of the rocket while standing near the main door where people enter the building. It is very entertaining to watch the video and see people take one step in the door, look up, stop while their jaws hit the floor, murmur to themselves and then keep moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will you have a car or no car. The museum district is great to visit. You have several museums within walking distance. I recommend the Fine Arts, Natural Science, and Menil Collection. Hermann Park is also there to walk through and has the zoo.

Houston also has a theater district downtown that you can catch a show if you are in to that. Second most theater seats behind NY.

Also recommend checking out the Cistern. It was found to have a leak years ago and was abandoned. They completely renovated it and the area into park land. They have an art exhibit there now called Rain but you need to prebook it. http://buffalobayou.org/visit/destination/the-cistern/

For food, high end restaurants to try are Underbelly, One Fifth Steak, Hugo's, Pass and Provision, Reef, State of Grace. Casual dining to check out is Original Ninfa's, Killen's Barbecue, Pit Room, Hubcap Grill, BB's(for Crawfish), Picos, Breakfast Klub.