Bahia Mar vs Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Beach

cruise cruise cruise

Hi, I have stayed at both and would choose Courtyard easily. Bahia Mar is not bad and the pool is a tad nicer, but the Courtyard is just a nicer overall hotel and the location is the best.

At the Courtyard, you take the steps down the back of the hotel and you are directly on A1A with all the shops and restaurants right there. The beach is right across the road (only steps away) and there is also a really nice bar area/sundeck with fire pits, etc. overlooking A1A and the ocean. We stop here for drinks even if we're not staying there, we like it that much.

The pool is on the small side, but still very clean and comfortable. Rooms are standard and very clean with a great staff.

The Bahia Mar is a fine place as well, with an outdoor walkway that takes you from the pool over A1A right onto the beach. There is a nice deli right on the property with beach snacks, etc. that we used a lot and really came in handy. But overall, like I said, would choose the Courtyard easily.

I'd choose the Courtyard for the better location. More central.

Altho if price is a concern, Bahia will be less and there are 3 categories of rooms at Bahia Mar.. courtyard, Marina view and most expensive are those rooms in the tower with have partial or full ocean views.

Thanks everyone for your input, sorry it took me so long to get back to my question, I have been busy.

courtyard-

I like it's proximity to restaurants and shops.

The sun deck looks nice. The pool area however looks really small with very little pool deck and lounge chairs available pool side.

Pool looks like it would be in the shade most of the day? That is a negative for me

Bahia Mar-

The price is less expensive, which is always a plus.

Does not look as attractive.

It is a bit farther to the main area of restaurants and shops. Is the walk from Bahia Mar to the area of the Courtyard safe at night?

Pool area looks bigger with more pool deck area. The pictures make the property look very spread out, how far is the trek from the rooms to the pool?

.... Is the walk from Bahia Mar to the area of the Courtyard safe at night?

Pool area looks bigger with more pool deck area. The pictures make the property look very spread out, how far is the trek from the rooms to the pool?

The area has low crime, but of course you are only as safe as the sobriety of the drivers on A1A. The Bahia Mar pool is behind the buildings, between the main tower and the tennis courts...it's not far. The property is spread out because there is a big marina, tennis courts, 2 hotel buildings, a restaurant, and lots of parking, but it isn't really a far walk to anything you need there.