Orca Enterprises - bear watching

curiousl8y

OMG OMG OMG, I was just checking Orca Enterprises website (because I'm planning on booking a whale watching tour with them in Juneau), and I found out they do BEAR WATCHING flights to Admiralty Island as well!

Ok my favorite experts, how are our chances of actually *watching* bears, not just *searching* for them, at Admiralty Island on a Saturday morning, the First Day of September? Heck, we're gonna be in Juneau for 16 hours - we could even do a late afternoon/early evening tour, perhaps.

Many thanks!

Linda

I live in Juneau... Looks like they take you to Pack Creek on Admiralty Island. Pack Creek is famous for its bear viewing. The Brown Bear population on the island is very dense per square mile (can't remember the exact figures) I hate to use the terms guaranteed to see the bears because you just never know however, your almost 100% guaranteed to see bears on this trip. There is some pretty good history about an old timer named Stan Price who lived at Pack Creek among the bears. I could go on and on and on..... Anyway, if you get the chance to go to Pack Creek, go!:)

I don't think Orca Enterprises actually DOES these other excursions. I believe they book for selected independent vendors in Juneau and other port towns.

Y'know, that's fine with me. Based on the wonderful reputation they have on these boards, I'd say I feel pretty safe with them and the vendors they use. :)

Archived