MV Discovery

tring

I have just returned from a cruise on Discovery and heard that it is being taken out of service by Cruise and Maritime. In his speech on Captain's night he talked about her being a grand old lady. It would be a shame as we had a lovely cruise.

I have just returned from a cruise on another cruise line and someone thought Discovery was to be scrapped. I do not know where that information came from though, or how reliable it is.

Edited by tring

She seems to be getting to the stage when she may have to drop down a level or two in today's competitive cruise market.

On our last trip on her before she went to C & Maritime, we did feel that lots needed to be renovated all round. It was an excellent cruise with great food, staff and first class lecturers :) but the physical conditions here and there were less than perfect. The retractable roof on the Lido deck leaked onto the tables when it rained and the decking itself was in need of repair. Our cabin was adequate but had nothing like the level of comfort on the new boats. It may be better now but some reviews suggest that she is getting past it, regrettably! It is so very competitive now!

Change of management, however, may well have worked wonders!!