Silver Spirit Royal Suite

goldengatecruisers

Hello. Can you help me figure out the layout of the Royal Suite on Spirit (in one bedroom configuration). When looking at the exterior photos of the ship I note the double width balcony for the two sets of sliding doors. Then there appears to be a 'cut-out' with a railing forward of the balcony. Is this cut out part of the Royal Suite balcony? Also with regard to the window in the living room forward of the balcony - does this window look out on to the balcony or forward over the bow? Many thanks for helping decipher. I am sure a Royal Suite regular will be able to explain.

Ashley

Edited by goldengatecruisers

The Royal suites are only on deck 7 and do not have a forward balcony; only the side balcony. Other than that, the Royal is the same as the Grand. Would not book a Royal because of the lack of forward balcony and also because the area forward of the suite is the chain locker and there will be a lot of noise entering and leaving port when anchored. Go for a Grand; you'll be much happier! 801 and 802 are the best, because the forward balcony is slightly larger than 901 and 902. We've stayed in all of the Grands and gone to a party in a Royal. Any questions, I'll try to answer.

Edited by dougburns

Thank you Dougburns. Understood on the lack of front balcony. I am still curious about the cut out that appears to be 'part of' the side balcony for the Royal Suite. If you take a look at images of Silver Spirit you see the larger balcony and then a cut-out forward of the balcony railing that could be part of the balcony. Its this part that I am seeking clarification on. From what I can decipher from images it appears to be a protected area of the Royal Suite balcony almost like an 'in-hull' balcony feel, as found on other line's vessels. I hope my description isn't too confusing. I think if you take a close look at a clear image of Spirit you, or others, will know what I am referring to. Thanks so much for your thoughts and insight.

Have only been in the Royal suite for a party, but, as I remember, the side balcony didn't seem any larger than that of the Grand suite. If it is larger, it's not very much more. I believe the partition you're looking at is just a separation from the forward working area. There's a a lot of activity out there entering and leaving port. Would not be my cup of tea!