Question re Transport from Bergen airport to Hurtigruten Port

jonikal

Our flight, which we booked ourselves, is scheduled for a 7:50 PM arrival in Bergen. The ship sails at 9:30 PM from the Hurtigruten port. An H rep I spoke to suggested purchasing the transfer bus ticket at the airport; that it was more economical to pay with NOK than to pre-purchase through H. However, I was unable learn the name of the bus company and whether they are able to enter the port area. Is anyone familiar with this? Normally I wouldn't be quite as concerned, but we have to factor in a possible delay in our arrival making the air-to-ship connection a bit tight. Thanks for any info.

Hurtigruten's transfer bus are specific to Hurtigruten so they will get you to the terminal (it is not closed up, anyone can get there). I don't think they belong to a specific company, they are chartered by Hurtigruten from various companies (they have a "Hurtigruten" sign in the window).

But with such a tight timetable, I think I would go with a taxi. From my experience, Hurtigruten transfer bus have a bit of a hectic schedule and I wouldn't be fully confident that they would be one at your hour. If there is one, you can't really miss it. Bergen Airport is not so big and the buses are waiting right outside, so if it's there take it, but be prepared maybe for a taxi ride.

That timing really is tight. Once you have collected your luggage and gone through immigration you will only have around 60 minutes to get to the Hurtigruten terminal. After you have waited for it to depart, the bus takes around 30 minutes (we have taken significantly longer but, fingers crossed, traffic at your time and direction may be light) so there's little room for any delays.