Size of mini vans

drise

Has anyone rented the Chevy Uplander mini van? Will it hold 4 adults, 2 kids, and @ 6 pieces of luggage plus carry on's? We have a Toyota Sienna at home and it has alot of cargo space behind the rear seat. Does the Uplander have any cargo room behind that seat? It's a great rental price but I'm afraid we won't fit.

We had one in Manchester on the week end for 5 of us and, of course, with the rear seat down there was TONS of room :rolleyes:. Put the back row up and I'd guess there was about 2 to 3 feet there. No way you'd get 6 bags in there.

Since the middle row seats 3, can you sit 2-3-1? Putting one of the 2 back seats down would make a big difference. It also depends on how far you're going and the size of the passengers, especially the kids.

One other suggestion: before you decide, call the rental companies at your local airport or a car dealership (caution: it comes in a long and a short wheelbase version - assume the short one!) and go check it out to be safe.

M

Thank you for that info. Yes we can sit 3-2-1, we have 4 adults and 2 kids. So I assume the back seat is split and can fold down 1 side? If it's a bench we could just put luggage on the seat. I mainly wanted to confirm that there is some cargo room behind the rear seat. I've rented vans where there's only 6 inches of space. We are only going from Ft Lauderdale to Miami. We could also put suitcases on the floor between seats or something.

Archived