golf

eyegirl

Hi all

Does anyone know of a good golf course close to where the ships dock in Hilo? We are hoping to take a SHORT cab ride there.

Also, in Honolulu, has anyone played the Pearl course. What are your thoughts? How far from pier?

Thanks

The only course that we considered on the east side was Volcano G&CC, but we were enjoying other activities during our 3 days there, so we limited our golfing to the west side (which is the sunnier side of the island.) You might want to post your question on the Island of Hawaii Tripadvisor forum if you don't get feedback here.

Re Oahu ... again, if you don't get the feedback you need here, try the Oahu TA forum.

On line reviews (Yelp and Tripadvisor) usually turn up some recent reviews for golf courses.

I like google maps for determining distances/driving times, although I find that their driving times are sometimes underestimated for Hawaii.

p.s. I just did a bit of searching for Hilo, and it looks like your options are really limited for courses near the port - two courses, Hilo Municipal and Naniloa (which is only 9 holes). Will you be on the west side of the BI (in the port of Kailua Kona), or on Maui or Kauai ... some good options on those islands.

Edited by Susan-M

I agree that there are no "good" golf courses near the port of Hilo. I would suggest you rent a car and do the 40-minute drive (easy, easy drive) up to the town of Volcano and play the course there. It is fun to be able to tell folks that you played golf on the side of a volcano. Talk a light jacket, as it can be a little chilly before the sun has a chance to warm up the day.

Thanks for your responses! I'm sure that we'll figure it out!

A few years ago, we sailed NCL in Hawaii and they offered golf excursions thru the ship...over priced but very convenient. Princess doesn't offer : (