La Romana Cigar Shop

SeaVol

Will be in DR in a couple weeks. Have a day pass for Dreams so I wont get to do a cigar factory tour. Are there any quality cigar shops near the cruise port or Dreams resort? Looking for real Cubans or quality DR cigars. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, have you already left? While staying at Dreams we visited Bayahibe and I bought cigars at the Bayahibe Cigar factory in Dominicus. Here's their site -

http://www.bayahibefinecigars.net/

Short walk along the beach to Bayahibe but then you have to take a $1pp bus to Dominicus. So that would take much of your time.

These are in La Romana if time allows -

http://www.cigarcountrytours.com/

The cigar shop at Dreams sells fine Dominican and Cuban cigars but they are pricey.

Thank you blue_water, we were there last week. We really enjoyed our day pass at Dreams but I didn't have time to search for cigars in the Dominican Republic. However, I did go to the La Casa Del Habano store while in Aruba and pick up some Cubans there.

Glad you enjoyed Dreams, we liked the infinity pool and bar and the large palapas on the beach and a great staff. And glad you found some nice cigars in Aruba. I enjoy the Macanudos from the DR, but when out of the country it's nice to enjoy a nice Cuban because you can!