Boston Hotel with 2 QUEEN Beds

NickAndysMom

Looking to stay in Boston for a few days prior to our cruise to Montreal next summer. Would prefer to stay someplace convenient to sites we'll want to see (typical Boston tourist stuff), but don't mind taking the T if it's close to hotel.

Here's the catch - - - We need a room with 2 QUEEN (not double/full) beds. My husband & I are traveling with our 2 teenage sons who do not fit together into anything smaller than a queen. Almost all hotels I've looked at have doubles, not queens.

We would also consider 2 separate rooms or a suite, but given the prices I've seen for Boston hotel rooms, I'm not sure that this is financially feasible.

Any help will be much appreciated!

What's your hotel budget and what are your exact dates?

Right now I'd look at the John Jeffries house where you could possibly afford two rooms. You need to call them to see what room options might be available. Also Embassy Suites at the airport. I will look around this evening for you but I need exact dates.

Looking to stay in Boston for a few days prior to our cruise to Montreal next summer. Would prefer to stay someplace convenient to sites we'll want to see (typical Boston tourist stuff), but don't mind taking the T if it's close to hotel.

Here's the catch - - - We need a room with 2 QUEEN (not double/full) beds. My husband & I are traveling with our 2 teenage sons who do not fit together into anything smaller than a queen. Almost all hotels I've looked at have doubles, not queens.

We would also consider 2 separate rooms or a suite, but given the prices I've seen for Boston hotel rooms, I'm not sure that this is financially feasible.

Any help will be much appreciated!

As usual 138East is a wealth of knowledge.

Check Boston's South Shore (Braintree, Quincy, Randolph & Weymouth) all these areas are less than 15 miles from Black Falcon and have close access to the T (red line.. http://www.mbta.com/ )for your touristy Bostonian adventures.

You mention "next summer" what date range? Be aware that anything near labor day will be insane due to the students returning to college and the 4th of July is also a busy time. Boston is a smaller city and is very walkable. Good luck.

The Lenox Hotel has a lot of Queen/Queen rooms lenoxhotel.com. It is an older building, but well maintained. Great location, up the street from the Prudential Center, right around the corner from Copley Square, not too far from the cruise terminal. Might be what you are looking for.

Thanks to you all for your great suggestions! This really gives me a good place from which to start my search. I will certainly look into each of these options.

Our cruise leaves Boston on July 18, so we'll probably want to stay in Boston on the nights of July 15, 16 & 17.

I'm seeing Embassy suites at the airport for $229 plus tax for two queen beds cancellable on hotels.com. IMO I'd book it immediately while you look around for other options. I just looked for two queen beds for folks who had a budget of $500-550 and the only thing I could find in town was the Westin Copley.

Embassy Suites is one or two stops on the T from Aquarium which is the east end of Fanueil Hall. It's a really good jumping off point for the North End and Freedom Trail.

Carol, thanks so much! That sounds like a great price for Embassy Suites. Since it's only a couple of T stops from where we'll want to go, it sounds ideal. Do you know how easy it will be to get from the hotel to the cruise port? (I apologize if this question has been asked & answered on other posts!)

Beverly

Cab should be about $20. You can do it for free by taking the hotel shuttle to an airport terminal, taking the free Silver Line bus to the indoor World Trade Center stop (2nd WTC stop - get on at the rearmost doors), and transferring via escalator and/or elevator to the other side to take the SL2 Silver Line bus to Black Falcon.