Freedom vs. Carnival Conquest

Hi

I am considering these cruises for Feb. 2018. Conquest goes to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk. Royal goes to St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan and Labadee. I have sailed Carnival but not for 15 years and never sailed on RCL. These are all new ports for me except San Juan. I will be travelling with 2 teen boys whom like to try different things, maybe they will use the teen clubs maybe not. They like to play basketball, video games and use pools/slides. Anyone who has done both of these ships with kids, which one is better? The price is about $600 difference. This will be the boys first cruise.

Which cruise is cheaper? I'd go with the cheaper one, but I'd go with Freedom--your boys will like Labadee.

Also, I cruised about four years ago on Carnival and I heard a lot has changed. We loved their food, but their new menus seem lackluster and I heard the food quality doesn't seem as good.

While Conquest does have slides, it doesn't have the rock wall, Flowrider, or ice rink, or Promenade.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

While Conquest does have slides, it doesn't have the rock wall, Flowrider, or ice rink, or Promenade.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This. I absolutely love Conquest (post 2.0), but with teens, I think you would want to rock climbing and Flowrider. I think Conquest has slides (not into that) but they really do not have a dynamic pool area.

But I am assuming Conquest is the cheaper one.

If money is a big factor and you end up picking Conquest, I am sure a good time will be had (it is a cruise). But Freedom is probably a better choice.