Burgandy & Provance in September or October?

SunLover05

We are doing Uniworld's trip Oct. 30 to Nov. 6. It was the only time we could go. We are expecting cool to cold and will pack lots of layers. Also there are fewer tourists in the towns.

cb

We cruised Nice to Provence in May on GCT, and the weather was lovely--80 in Nice and 70's in Paris. I think you will miss a lot of the feeling of France in the fall. If you go to Giverny, I doubt anything will be blooming.

We went to Tuscany in the fall, and it was beautiful, but that is a different area, so the fall weather was appropriate.

I agree that it will be cool/cold in the fall in France. Enjoy your trip, whenever you go!

-- Did a round trip Lyon river cruise a few years ago during the first week of September. We had great weather with the mornings in the 60's and by noon in the mid 70's. The day we went to the Camague to see the horses and flamingoes, it was almost 90. We viisited several wineries and I remember that they were harvesting grapes. There were still flowers blooming in Arles and Avignon, but the lavender and sunflowers were over for the year.

The trees were just starting to drop their leaves. I don't remember any place we visited that was especially crowded.

We're going back again next year in May, but I wouldn't hesitate to visit again in September.

Archived