Estero Beach v Rosarito Beach in Ensenada

Busybears

We are going to be in Ensenada next Thursday (1/23/2014). Forecast says it will be at 78 degrees and sunny :). Therefore, we would like to spend some time on the beach even though I know most people seem to indicate beaches are not that great in Ensenada and the water will be cold.

I have been unable to find much info on how to get to either Estero Beach or Rosarito Beach from the pier. Can we take a city bus? If so, where to catch it? If we have to take taxi, can someone please share how long the drive is and how much? Thank you so much in advance!!

Use to do a 50 mile bike ride from Rosarito to Ensenada so it's not that close. I heard last week also that the new highway collapsed somewhere along the route. Don't know a lot of details but sounds like Rosarito would be difficult

We are going to be in Ensenada next Thursday (1/23/2014). Forecast says it will be at 78 degrees and sunny :). Therefore, we would like to spend some time on the beach even though I know most people seem to indicate beaches are not that great in Ensenada and the water will be cold.

I have been unable to find much info on how to get to either Estero Beach or Rosarito Beach from the pier. Can we take a city bus? If so, where to catch it? If we have to take taxi, can someone please share how long the drive is and how much? Thank you so much in advance!!

Estero is a better beach in my opinion...there's places to eat nearby and it's not as crowded generally speaking. Bus is right off the pier but I recommend a taxi and then ask the driver to come back and get you...they will....taxi drivers in Ensenada are very cool and very nice, honest to a fault, I have found. Drive to Estero from the pier is about 10-20 mins depending on traffic. Haven't been there in awhile so I can't say for sure how much, but trust me, it will be CHEAP.... you are probably better off just using American dollars and not even bothering with converting currency...most people in Ensenada prefer dollars and it's just alot easier... I'm guessing 4-7 dollars should cover it including tip.

PS --- I'm in Reno -- I "get" why you're going there....done that cruise many times, and wish Royal Caribbean would come back and do it again...I'll do that cruise with Carnival in the summer if I can get a little extra time off....right now planning another cruise further south, but just wanted to "HEY NEIGHBOR!" :) Have fun and feel free to write to me if you need more info.

Have fun.

Edited by artist47

PSS --- edit time expired...also, you may find that your cell phone works in Ensenada. :) So be sure and take it ashore with you in case of emergency, or in case you need to call your taxi driver...he will probably give you his card with his number on it... Last few times I was there, my cell worked! :)

If I remember right, I had ATT and another time it was Sprint, and another time it was Verizon. :)

Great info. Thanks!! It's 70 degrees in Sacramento so it's not like we are cruising to thaw out the winter :). However, still nice to be away. I was looking at Estero Beach pictures and it looks like they don't really have a sandy beach, but it could be that the pictures are from the hotel there. Very confusing. Does anyone know? I was hoping to find some sea kayaking info without much success either :(.

Ensenada has diferent types of beach some of them have cold water and other very specific beaches and spots have warmer water ......

Stero beach is about 20 minutes from the Cruise .. Rosarito right now its about 65 minutes to get there becuase the main scenic road is closed .

Rosarito beach is great .. stero beach its a nice place . resturant hotel,a little shop and museom and the beach.....

Edited by Dave_Baja

the cruise makes some tours to Stero beach and rosarito.

I just order a taxi for some friends that askedme help with that, and they will charge them 130 dollars .. and will be with them all day.

you can go on a buss for cheaper but i would not recommend it for a tourist that comes on a cruise becuase you really need to know your way around becuase that way takes longer to get there ( have to go to the terminal etc etc ) unless you come with somebody that knows well the sistem

I have done it many many times

go stero beach i think they charge 20-25 dollars just to take you there

but the price depends how many people are comming

Edited by Dave_Baja