24F Advice on how to find cruise buddy for Carnival Oct 8-15 Eastern Caribbean?

jennns09

Hi all,

This is by no means an attempt to break the rules but I wanted to know if anyone could guide me towards a place where I could find some cruisemates for a Carnival Cruise Oct 8-15 2016 to the Eastern Caribbean? My girlfriend is already going on the cruise with some friends and October 13th happens to be our 2nd year anniversary. I was looking to surprise her by showing up on the cruise but solo traveling this soon is looking to be way too much than I can afford!

My question is - has anyone had experience with trying to find a cruisemate? Could someone let me know where I should look? I am very open to anything as I'm a super laid back student from California - I'm just looking for a way to get on this boat!

Thank you all in advance.

I'm going to plead ignorance on the issue with the recommendation. There is a site for lgbt cruisers called meet me on board. Granted, I don't think it gets a lot of use, so it's a roll of the dice as to whether there would be anyone on your specific sailing on there, let alone looking for to share a cabin. But you never know! Best of luck, and happy cruising.

Being a solo cruiser I understand your frustration; however, I'm sorry to say; to find a responsible and accommodating room mate on-line is very hard and not recommended. You have no idea what kind of crazy is lurking on the net. It's very dicey at best and to find a room mate this late is going to be hard. This is why CC doesn't allow "looking for" cabin mates. Unless you've traveled with and know someone personally I wouldn't chance it. The only way to "share" a cabin is to go on one of the all-gay charters like Atlantis, RSVP, Olivia or the gay groups like Aquafest or Piep Piper travel who can arrange a cabin share at the per person rate. Otherwise, you'll just have to save up and book a solo cabin. Believe me I've looked at every aspect of solo cruising and there are very few options sorry to say. RCI, Cunard and NCL do have some solo cabins, but of course this doesn't help you.