Tour WW1 Battlefields!

deezeee2

I strongly recommend using Gerald at Entente Cordiale Battlefields Tours if you are interested in learning more about that period in time. Gerald will customize your tour to maximize your satisfaction. You can find him here: http://www.ententecordialetours.co.uk

Here's what happened when we used Ged:

How could it possibly be any better? Gerald was a magician. He spent a great amount of time researching the areas where our grandfather served during the very end of World War 1. Gerald dug deep and we were amazed at what he found and the tour he crafted for us.

The magic was in the details. For example, we had lunch in the little town where my grandfather had quarters for a time. We stood atop a bridge that my grandfather’s unit rebuilt after it had been destroyed by the bad guys. We visited four battlesites including their cemeteries, and at one we had the quite emotional honor of lowering and folding the American flag at day’s end. We already knew that Grandpa had been injured during the war, and Gerald taught us that he was actually injured three times with mustard gas, the last time just 2 days before the armistice.

We left with an greatly enhanced understanding of what our Grandpa experienced during this war. We were thoroughly pleased and recommend Ged with 100% confidence.

I strongly recommend using Gerald at Entente Cordiale Battlefields Tours if you are interested in learning more about that period in time. Gerald will customize your tour to maximize your satisfaction. You can find him here: http://www.ententecordialetours.co.uk

Here's what happened when we used Ged:

How could it possibly be any better? Gerald was a magician. He spent a great amount of time researching the areas where our grandfather served during the very end of World War 1. Gerald dug deep and we were amazed at what he found and the tour he crafted for us.

The magic was in the details. For example, we had lunch in the little town where my grandfather had quarters for a time. We stood atop a bridge that my grandfather’s unit rebuilt after it had been destroyed by the bad guys. We visited four battlesites including their cemeteries, and at one we had the quite emotional honor of lowering and folding the American flag at day’s end. We already knew that Grandpa had been injured during the war, and Gerald taught us that he was actually injured three times with mustard gas, the last time just 2 days before the armistice.

We left with an greatly enhanced understanding of what our Grandpa experienced during this war. We were thoroughly pleased and recommend Ged with 100% confidence.

I'm intrigued deezeee. :confused:

Was this visit during a cruise?

I ask because the main American involvement was toward the southern end of the Western Front, bolstering the French lines around Sedan to Verdun - some 3 to 4 hours from sea ports.

Even the nearest major battleground, the Ypres salient (Brit, Canuk, Aus & NZ involvement), is an hour from Zeebrugge

But yes, well worth visiting if you have the time.

And very sobering.

JB :)