Gate 1 city tours (Danube)

doolols

Hi everyone. What a great resource this is, and thank you to the admins for letting me in ;)

We're booked on the Monarch Empress in a couple of weeks, Regensburg-Budapest. Looking at the itinerary, there are several 'tours' of the towns en route. I'm not talking about the 'extra' special excursions.

Can someone confirm that these tours, walking tours, or whatever they are, are free? Not a big issue, but we'd just like to know in advance. And, if we decide to make our own way ashore to wander about, is there information (maps, etc) on board the boat to help us find our way around?

We're so looking forward to this, our first, river cruise. In fact, our first cruise of any kind.

We're doing the same river cruise in July 2018. The tours listed in the itinerary are included with your cruise. If the tour states optional (as in the Salzburg tour), there is an additional charge. It is customary to tip both the tour guide and the bus driver. I've done two other river cruises (Viking), and I'm look forward to trying Gate 1. Hope you have a great time.

Hi everyone. What a great resource this is, and thank you to the admins for letting me in ;)

We're booked on the Monarch Empress in a couple of weeks, Regensburg-Budapest. Looking at the itinerary, there are several 'tours' of the towns en route. I'm not talking about the 'extra' special excursions.

Can someone confirm that these tours, walking tours, or whatever they are, are free? Not a big issue, but we'd just like to know in advance. And, if we decide to make our own way ashore to wander about, is there information (maps, etc) on board the boat to help us find our way around?

We're so looking forward to this, our first, river cruise. In fact, our first cruise of any kind.

We are booked for this cruise as well, what are your travel dates. Yes the tours are free unless it is listed as optional.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk