Is anyone booking with CozumelCruiseExcursions dot net?

AZCruiser100

I have found 3 websites all with different names leading to John at Cozumel cruise exercusions dot net

A Pennsylvania phone number that does not accept voice messages, same address in Coz and my paypal receipt with his business name on it.

I have contacted numerous other tour operators for my upcoming December South Caribbean cruise and at most have waited 2 days for a reply.

I sent him a deposit and no confirmation nor receipt was sent to me when he finally contacted me he was claiming he only takes reservations for this other person tour operator but that it isn't him.

So I asked him for this other person's name and phone number and he has yet to send it.

It took over a week for him to respond to me only because I posted on FB.

I just want my money back.

I will be in Cozumel at the end of the month and I will book my own tour at Playa Palancar which the destination experts and other frequent visitors say is easy to do and not to bother booking online.

Edited by ISLABONITA

1984gacruiser- Did you get the automated reservation email confirming that they have you booked, and has meeting point directions? After we made our reservation, we received an automated email confirming that they had availability, tour date/time, meeting point directions for our cruise ship and some other useful information. It didn't take long for us to receive our e-receipt. Keep us up to date on your e-receipt and tour.

Yes we received the automated reservation email. Haven't received anything else yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By "talking" I meant our email conversation. I was never able to successfully reach them by phone. But the email address cozumelcruiseexcursions at gmail dot com.

and I just realized you were talking about cozumel cruise excursions websites and I was confusing that with cozumel snorkel's websites... sorry about that. But I DON'T have any reason to think that cozumel cruise excursions dot com and dot net are one in the same... It was cozumel snorkel dot com and dot net that I believe are the same. The whole mess with both companies has been a frustrating and confusing thing...since we booked 3 separate tours (2 with cozumel snorkel dot net and one with cozumel cruise excursions dot net) and all 3 went to the same paypal address. So I keep getting them mixed up!

I got a little lost reading this thread. Hard to imagine ;)

What issues did you have with Cozumel cruise excursion dot net? We have booked the jeep tour. Would you use this company again?

I am so glad I have not booked the dune buggy tour yet. Thanks to all for the deeper investigation into these websites and their operators and sharing it. I agree that things are fishy. I think it might be easier to rent a car and explore on our own.

I got a little lost reading this thread. Hard to imagine ;)

What issues did you have with Cozumel cruise excursion dot net? We have booked the jeep tour. Would you use this company again?

read my post #29...this breaks down my issues that are directly with cozumel cruise excursions dot net, regardless of whether or not they are related/connected to cozumel snorkel dot net.

I can understand your confusion...

Once we got the deposit issue figured out, the driving issue worked out and the location worked out, the actual tour was great, I won't deny that. Our driver was fantastic, and the tour was a lot of fun after I snapped out of my foul mood that the morning mess had put me in.

If I didn't FIRMLY believe as I do now, that cozumel cruise excursions dot net was faking reviews (both here and on trip adviser etc) I would say to book them. But this leaves such a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, of their business practices and integrity that I would steer clear at this point.

read my post #29...this breaks down my issues that are directly with cozumel cruise excursions dot net, regardless of whether or not they are related/connected to cozumel snorkel dot net.

I can understand your confusion...

Once we got the deposit issue figured out, the driving issue worked out and the location worked out, the actual tour was great, I won't deny that. Our driver was fantastic, and the tour was a lot of fun after I snapped out of my foul mood that the morning mess had put me in.

If I didn't FIRMLY believe as I do now, that cozumel cruise excursions dot net was faking reviews (both here and on trip adviser etc) I would say to book them. But this leaves such a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, of their business practices and integrity that I would steer clear at this point.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

hi! we are leaving in a week and i just felt funny about this company. However, John did reply to my emails but it just took him a couple of days. I am just afraid that when we get to cozumel nobody would be there!! do you think i should just pay another tour company or just be safe and book with the cruise ship?? ty

If you're already booked and you've actually heard from John, I'd say you're probably ok. The tour of ours that got canceled we did get a couple days notice and eventually I did receive a refund on the deposit...eventually...and the other tours ended up being ok in the end.

hi! we are leaving in a week and i just felt funny about this company. However, John did reply to my emails but it just took him a couple of days. I am just afraid that when we get to cozumel nobody would be there!! do you think i should just pay another tour company or just be safe and book with the cruise ship?? ty

After reading the bad reviews just be also afraid that when we get to Cozumel nobody would be there, so we planned a “plan B”. Everything was ok. Carla wait for us and driven to the place of embarkation exactly as directed on recipes that comes automatically when we made the advance payment. The staff is friendly, the drinks are enough and the food is delicious. We saw a sea turtle and interesting fishes and beautiful azure water that changed dozens of shades depending on our route. I find this company good but things can always be better. One weakness is that the boat was old, easy little slow but the staff made us forget the low speed and the fuel smell who came from time to time. The places where we were taken are wonderful and I think that 80 $ are an excellent price. I will select a second time the company. If you want a respond more quickly use FB messages company.

NB meeting is established reported by local time and it is usually an hour after the ship time.

Hello, I have also booked an excursion with this company and my cruise leaves this Thursday, yet I haven't heard anything from John Adams or this company! How can I reach him or someone to make sure I'll get what I paid for???

And yes, I see the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor so I know it's still in business.

Hi sharonlovestocruise7. Yes I provided my email, phone number, and ship information at the end of every correspondence attempt. I even left voicemails at one number. I've tweeted the company and sent them a message over Facebook.

I did receive the initial payment confirmation but they said that the tour is customizable so I wanted to talk to someone before we got to Cozumel to ensure that what I want is within their ability. However, I am still waiting on a response and I leave tonight for my cruise!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar story and similar company name about 5-6 years ago. Oddly that whole thread is gone now too. Probably coincidence.

That being said, understanding deposit rules and having a plan B is good advice anywhere.

I can certainly understand that people have different experiences with companies and not everyone can be satisfied and sometimes things just don't work out for certain people for whatever reasons. My family and I had a wonderful experience and I just want to share a positive review. Words cannot describe the private jeep tour that my family and I took on July 8, 2014. It was absolutely wonderful and I can't express enough how much my family and I appreciate the service that was given to us. I first found out about this tour on Cruise Critic and immediately went to Trip-Advisor for further reviews. My husband and I (40 yrs old) have a 21 yr old daughter who just loves all the beauty that island life has to offer and our 16 yr old son who cannot get enough of adventure and activity. So when I saw jeeps and island tour were involved, I just knew this would be the perfect fit for my family. I first contacted John through email and he responded fairly quickly. I paid my deposit and received instructions soon after about specific details of the tour and detailed instructions on where to meet when our ship docked. It was risky going out on our own and not booking through our cruise ship, but I trusted Trip-Advisor and read numerous reviews; so I felt confident that John and his team would have us back to the ship on time and that's exactly what they did with plenty of time to spare and even do a lil shopping!! Erick was our tour guide and he was simply amazing. My first impression was that he was young and I was a little uneasy if he would be the right fit for my family, but boy did he prove me wrong. He interacted extremely well with the kids and made them feel completely comfortable. After meeting Erick it was now time to start our journey. I had read several complaints about the condition of the jeeps but we just looked at it as all part of the adventure. To some, I can see where they might complain, but we are from Louisiana and are use to ridding four-wheelers and such; it takes a lot to ruin our fun. We are just easy going like that and we say it 'adds' to the adventure. So we loaded up, along with our driver Erick and an ice chest full of complimentary water and beer (Kloster). Kind of tastes like Natural Light. Again, we are not hard to please. We first went to snorkel which was simply amazing and a first for our kids, so it was a win-win for us all. After the beach is when our amazing adventure began. We soon cracked our first beer and we were off. Eric showed us some wonderful secrets of the island and shared some memorable stories. We stopped at a Myan Ruin and then headed off to see some wild crocodiles. We then ventured to the light house where the views were simply breathtaking!! It was a little hike up the stairs but absolutely worth it!! After our lil trek up the stairs, of course we were thirsty and stopped at this unique hut that served the best coconut drinks. I had the piña colada and my daughter had the margarita!! Don't know the guys name but he has quite the lil operation going on there on his own lil piece of paradise. We stopped off on the side of the road to take in the scenery and it was like looking at a post card. Took lots of pics and even listened to some blow-holes!! I say it sounds like a dragon breathing!! It's was off to lunch next which is also included in the price. The restaurant was right across the street from the beach( beautiful) and we were served an authentic Mexican lunch... yummy!! After lunch we cruised around the island taking in the beautiful scenery and stopped at a local shop where our kids bought some handmade necklaces. We headed back into town and stopped at the Tequila factory and sampled several types of tequila!! Hubby was very pleased!! Sadly our adventure had come to an end and hugged Erick bye and told him how amazing our day had been. This company and tour exceeded our expectations and would highly recommend it to everyone who visits Cozumel!!

Cajun Sailor- thx for the detail review. We've narrowed it down to jeeps or dune buggies for our Oct cruise. Curious what time you started your excursion, was it 5 hrs as advertised, and were you picked up/dropped off at the pier? Our ship is in port until the evening hrs so I'm thinking we'll have time after to shop or do something else. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cajun Sailor- thx for the detail review. We've narrowed it down to jeeps or dune buggies for our Oct cruise. Curious what time you started your excursion, was it 5 hrs as advertised, and were you picked up/dropped off at the pier? Our ship is in port until the evening hrs so I'm thinking we'll have time after to shop or do something else. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our ship arrived in port at 8:00 am and our tour departed at 9am. They will send you very detailed instructions as to where you are to meet them depending on which port you arrive at. It was a very short walk and Cozumel is so beautiful that we didn't mind. We never felt unsafe and their directions were spot on. We returned to the same location we had previously met at that morning, I would say between 3 and 3:30 pm. We had plenty of time to shop! Hope y'all have an awesome adventure!! I believe you will not be disappointed!!

• 2 years later...

Hi I am going to Cozumel and I bought 3 excursions with cozumel excursions.com and I have not heard from them. I have sent to them several emails, I have called to the phone 1-52-305-767-2779 and 1-52-3057672838 and nobody responds. Shall I just place a dispute with Pay pal?? Please help....

Hi I am going to Cozumel and I bought 3 excursions with cozumel excursions.com and I have not heard from them. I have sent to them several emails, I have called to the phone 1-52-305-767-2779 and 1-52-3057672838 and nobody responds. Shall I just place a dispute with Pay pal?? Please help....

This is a very old thread.. if you read through it you should have a quick answer to your question.

Cancel the payment.

Deal with anyone else but them..dot net or dot com.

Look for a private tour recommendations on trip advisor.. they are more reliable.