NCL Pearl Mid-Ship Mini-Suite 11578

Roja123

We are first-time cruisers - family of 4 (2 boys - 12 and 7). We are planning to book Mid-Ship Mini Suite on Norwegian Pearl. Most of the mid-ship mini-suites here are either under pool area , kids club or restaurants.

It appears 11578 is under the kids club area. We do not mind noise from upper deck during the day or evening time but would like it quiet during night/early morning.

Looking for inputs on cabin selection on the Pearl for the mini-suites.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roja123, I just got back from Alaska aboard the Pearl and although my cabin was on deck 8 here's what I can tell you about the layout and your concern for the noise from above. Of the three areas of concern; Kids center, pool deck and the garden café, I would be most concerned about the kids center. My trip included a lot of young children (I was very surprised) and every time I passed thru the center staircase on deck 12 where the kids center, splash academy and video arcade are located, there was always a fair amount of noise, but this was mostly during regular hours.

If your trip is to Alaska like mine, the pool deck is mostly quiet, especially during the off hours. It's just not pool deck type of weather. Furthermore, along the two sides of the pool deck are small tables and chairs for sitting in the shade. This is also the dedicated smoking areas. I didn't see much, if any, children running back and forth in these areas. You could possibly have some noise from chairs being moved, dragged or dropped onto the hard pool deck surface.

The third area is the garden café along the starboard (or right) side. The outer most part you see is seating with various table sizes near the windows. This area is carpeted, no body running back and forth, but was busy early, especially during port arrival days. More than likely you'll be joining your fellow cruisers on these days anyway.

I can't say for certain, but more than likely the cabins below these high traffic areas probably have extra insulation. Given a choice I probably would pick a cabin below pool deck first, then garden café and then kids center.

I hope this helps your decision. I'm sure someone that has actually stayed in your cabin category will chime in. Enjoy. Steve