Water shoes for sea caves?

sgk2000

I'm curious to see replies as well.

We are planning to go up there on our Brilliance cruise and from my planning, it sounds like you have to walk through/across a small stream which may require the use of something like water shoes. I'm not sure what we're going to do yet.

• 5 weeks later...

We are doing a taxi tour next week and dw and I are just taking an old pair of tennis shoes that we can throw away after the sea caves. We have water shoes but then we would have to clean them and keep them through the rest of the tour.

Thanks Doug52,

I'm happy to take an old scrubby pair then chuck them but think my husband will be resistant to that.... He hates throwing anything out!

Could you maybe post back after your trip to let us know how wet, muddy, slippery etc please?

Have a great time, we will follow in your footsteps mid October.

• 3 weeks later...
Your shoes will get wet, but I couldn't walk over the stones in my water shoes. It was difficult in heavy tennis shoes. I would say you definitely need something sturdy.

We just did the St. Martins sea caves on Oct. 14. We changed into our flip flops and rolled up our pants to avoid getting wet. There is some flowing water that you will have to cross in order to get into the caves. Your feet will get wet, so bring a towel to dry your feet off afterwards.

I will say the caves & beach are a must see at low tide and then again at high tide to see the dramatic difference!

• 7 months later...

We will be in port in September and was debating between this tour and the one that is a combination Whale watching and Bay of Fundy tour on a boat. For those who have done the walk in the Sea Caves were you happy you did it, if you have done both tours which did you like better?