MSC ships differences?

karlth

I'm browsing a possible cruise in the med this summer and would like to try MSC.

I was wondering what the main differences was between their larger ships Divina, Preziosa, Fantasia and the smaller Magnifica?

Are they all very similar or has perhaps one of them been recently upgraded?

Thanks in advance.

I'm browsing a possible cruise in the med this summer and would like to try MSC.

I was wondering what the main differences was between their larger ships Divina, Preziosa, Fantasia and the smaller Magnifica?

Are they all very similar or has perhaps one of them been recently upgraded?

Thanks in advance.

Magnifica is the largest of the Musica class and it isn't really a small ship more medium sized. So size is the main difference between Musica class and Fantasia class. That is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view. Fantasia class has a lot more passengers on arid which can mean crowds ashore but they will have more facilities onboard. I much prefer Musica class because they tend to have better itineraries from my point of view. They can get in to some of the smaller and less typical Med ports. I also like the ship size itself, not too big nor too small.

Age isn't really a factor with either of these classes as none are what you'd call old. Oldest is Magnifica followed by Fantasia, Divina and then Preziosa but really only a year or so between them. MSC a has a pretty newish and modern fleet. They have no old ships left. Armonia and Sinfonia are the oldest now and they are both lovely ships.