Stingray sailing time issue

joern

Hi

Arriving with MSC Divina on feb 14 and want to do the Stingray City tour with Stingray Sailing. I've contacted them and meeting time is 9,00 and the tour leaves at 9,15.

Divina's schedule says that we are in Grand Cayman from 9 to 16, but port authorities say 8 to 16.

I'm affraid that we won't make it ashore to 9,00 so haven't booked yet, but Stingray Sailing recommends that we go early to stand first in line for the tender.

Is the schedule too tight?

MSC also offer a catamaran tour to Stingray City but only to Stingray City and back, so snorkling on the reef.

We have done this tour with them twice now. Two years in a row. There is a lot of " it depends" in this situation. If you really do arrive at 8am, I would say your chances are great that you would make it. It could take you up to 30 mins to catch a tender and make it over there. But... if you make it onto one of the first tenders, I would say you'd make it.

First it depends is... it depends on which pier you tender to. You may tender to the main pier where they are located. That saves time. You may tender to the pier down the street. Then you have to walk to meet them. Lose time.

Tour leaves at 9:15- so you really have until 9:15 to make it to the meeting point. Last time we toured with them, we were delayed in leaving. It was more like 9:30.. but that is not always going to happen.

Depends if you are the only ship in port that day as well. If you are, everyone on that tour is going to be late, so they are not going to leave with nobody.

It is tricky, and always never guaranteed.

Hopefully I helped, and didn't confuse you even more!!

PS- Captain Chip is great and this is an amazing tour!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this issue too, we are on the Divina in March. I caved and booked a ship excursion. I would have rather had a non-ship excursion but I read over the dailies and from what I have read elsewhere disembarkation and tendering can be quite a long process and I think the timing was just too tight for my nerves to take. I ended up just booking the Stingray City and Starfish Point excursion....would have liked to see rum point too but maybe next time...