Honeymoon Beach water sports excursion?

claireruth

I came across this somehow (from a link I found on here somewhere I think) and it sounds pretty fun. My husband and I want to snorkel, but our kids (ages 8 and 11) aren't too sure about it, so this might be a good way to do it. My only concern is getting there on our own because we stop in St. Thomas. I was curious if anyone had ever done it or wondered how it compared to other things there would be for us to do in St. Thomas. We're on the NCL Escape and in port from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.

https://caribbaconnect.com/st-thomas-virgin-islands/tour-profile/94/honeymoon-beach-all-day-watersports-package/

There's are several detailed threads on the various ways of getting to St John, but in order for you to take maximum advantage of the Honeymoon Water Sports package, you would have to get off the ship early, take a taxi to Red Hook, then the ferry from Red Hook to St John, then either hike to Honeymoon or taxi to Caneel and walk or get golf cart to take you to Honeymoon.

If your ship offers the St John Eco Hike excursion, it includes the ferry and hike to Honeymoon directly from your ship. You'll have use of the equipment at the beach, but your beach time is pretty limited.

Nobody else in the VI offers a similar package. The equipment is a la carte at all the other beaches.

Actually, a lot of cruisers go out to St John to visit and Honeymoon Beach is very doable. It's definitely one of St. John's most popular and the Honeymoon Beach package is a great way to enjoy one of St. John's top beaches with family.

As Ms411 said, you would be taking a cab to the ferry dock and taking the ferry over to St. John. It's a great experience!

Enjoy it! Hope you have a great vacation!