Late SJU flight home- options for the day?

WDW Princess 71

It is looking like my flight home out of SJU will be 4:30 or 5:30 pm, and a long travel day connecting and not reaching Phoenix until midnight local time. So, I am looking for options for us to spend the day. Does the San Juan Airport Hotel (or other nearby airport hotel) offer day pass rooms where we can rest before our flights? I've also read that some people store luggage at a restaurant called Barrichana for free and walk around old San Juan to pass the time. Is this a safe area to walk around even carrying our valuables (passports, wearing our jewelry- you know the stuff we normally leave in the safe on other port days)? Any worries about leaving your luggage at a place like this? Other ideas welcome also, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've considered La Barrachina years ago for this very reason, but ended up not doing this. I have been to the restaurant though and it's very nice (place where they invented the pina colada). As for the area, I absolutely love San Juan and have been there quite a few times. I've always felt it to be very clean and safe. Even late at night. There's not too many places I feel this way about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums