Boston Hotel near pier

biojeep

What is a good hotel near the cruise port? Will be doing cruise in October & want to be near the pier.

What the exact date you need a hotel? What is your realistic budget? Boston hotels are very pricey, particularly in Oct. How many people?

Boston isn't that large. There are no hotels at the Black Falcon Terminal. There are some in the seaport district which is near to the pier but you'll still either take a taxi or the SilverLine (bus) to the pier. 138 East is a great resource for hotels etc. so do provide the information that she is requesting.

Boston isn't that large. There are no hotels at the Black Falcon Terminal. There are some in the seaport district which is near to the pier but you'll still either take a taxi or the SilverLine (bus) to the pier. 138 East is a great resource for hotels etc. so do provide the information that she is requesting.

Thanks! It would also be nice to know how the OP is getting to Boston - plane, car, train or bus.

We were just in Boston at Christmas and found transportation to be easy. If I'm not mistaken there is a Westin near there and I've never stayed in a bad Westin. We stayed at the Courtyard downtown because we used points. It's not close to the cruiseport, but it was an ok hotel. We were there for 4 days and just used our feet and public transportation to get around. If you're going to stay there 2 days, get the Boston GoPass and have fun! We did that and actually used the trolley tour a few times to get us places since it's hop on and hop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oct 5 is a Thur night, which is a business travel night, so centrally located hotels are $300+.

However, Hotwire has a 4* hotel in Back Bay/Copley for $121 plus tax and fees. This is a fantastic deal for that date. I've seen this deal recently and I think the person who booked it got the Sheraton, but there are no guarantees. Whatever the hotel is, it will be very nice.

My guess is that it will cost you an extra $30 in cab fare and you will be in a very very nice area of town.

If it were me, I would not hesitate to grab this deal tonight. If you wait, it will be gone and you will likely end up staying at a more expensive hotel northeast of the airport or in Dorchester or Quincy. Due to recent weather/work events my husband has been exploring the less expensive hotels in Quincy and Dorchester. So far he's tried two hotels and he is not impressed. Tonight he's trying a third option. I'd hate to be suggesting these hotels later on to you because they are the only ones that fit your budget.