Late arrival day ideas

Beachiekeen

We are considering a cruise to Bermuda that arrives at 1:00 on a Sunday (NCL Dawn). Just wondering what would be a good idea for this day and if a tour of the island would be good. It looks like most of those are several hours and I don't know if they would even start so late. Is there anywhere close we could explore on our own--was thinking we could just kill a few hours and then maybe do a sunset cruise through NCL that night. I figured our first full day we would do the beaches.

Edited by Beachiekeen

Have you booked this cruise? When will you be going?

Is there a particular reason you are considering the Dawn vs the Summit or Breakaway both of which arrive on weekdays at 8:00 and 7:30 am, respectively.

Anyway, you could still do a private tour Sunday afternoon. For info on tour guides, read the thread - Bermuda private guide.

SBtS

Thanks, I have looked at that thread already, very helpful. We chose this particular one because it leaves from Boston where my brother-in-law lives so we would spend 2 days with him after the cruise. The Friday-Friday is not ideal but we would like to spend some time in Boston.

When we did the Dawn to Bermuda from Boston, we rented a Boston Whaler and a pontoon boat and sailed around the island that afternoon. Our Grandsons did some fishing and others did some swimming at small beaches. We had a great time with the four hour rental.

My hubby and I are doing this cruise on Jun 9. We are planning to rent mopeds and do a beach day at Horseshoe Beach that afternoon. Then we will do a cruise that evening into the Bermuda Triangle [emoji3]. We've both been to Bermuda before so we are pretty comfortable doing our own thing. Definitely make time to get up to St George's and Hamilton but maybe not on Sunday....from what I understand most businesses are closed on Sunday's!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no ferry service to St. George on Sunday either so that is another reason not to head to St. George when you arrive. Renting Moped is dangerous. The roads are narrow and don't have shoulders so accidents happen all the time. Have heard many horror stories about inexperienced drivers on the Mopeds getting seriously injured.

Yeah no moped for us I'm afraid! :) Oh and I had not thought about it being a Sunday either. I think I want to do a sunset cruise that night. I've joined my roll call and many have done this itinerary so hopefully I can get some ideas from them. There is supposed to be a new NCL ferry by this cruise so maybe they will run to St. George and that could be an option.

Edited by Beachiekeen