Car parking at Reykjavik

From my research, there is free car parking at the port. There was a review I saw recently where one picture taken from the ship showed where the person had parked their car.

I'm hoping that nothing changes for this year as we have also booked a two day rental.

Edit: Here it is. Picture is near the bottom.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/adventure-of-seas-day-4-reykjavik_22.html

It's from a couple of years ago, but I haven't heard of any changes.

Edited by KeithJenner

Thank you Keith Jenner for your reply. Could you please let me know what car rental company you are using and the cost for 2 days.

We are using Europcar. They seem to be a bit more expensive than some others, but they have an office at the cruise port, so it will hopefully be a bit easier.

I can't remember the exact cost, but it's around £200 for the two days. Expensive, but cheap compared to the cost of a Golden Circle tour.

Thank you Keith Jenner you are a champion! I have cancelled my booking for Downtown and booked for Cruise Terminal. Your advice has been invaluable and I will think of you when I pick my car up at the cruise terminal instead of having to hike into town. All the best and I hope you have a great cruise.