Excursions

misskcee

Traveling on Independence of the Seas, Royal Carribean, in October. Haven't found very much about Falmouth, Jamaica as far as excursions? Wondering if going to Montego Bay would be a good choice? Also Grand Cayman, has anyone done the Stingray, Turtle Farm, Hell excursion?

Thank you!

Falmouth is a little way from anywhere and has very few shops & little of interest, though rafting on the Martha Brae is only a short ride away and great fun.

Much more energetic but over an hour away you can walk the Dunn's River Falls, near Ocho Rios - you will need water shoes, take your own or rent for pennies. If you do it privately you can combine it with river-tubing on the White River, or mooching round Ocho Rios - very lively, too lively for some.

Mo' Bay is very limited and you'll be even more hassled by street traders than in Ochi - IMHO best to scratch Mo' Bay from your list.

Grand Caymen I'd highly recommend "Stingray City" - it's a sandbank about 20 minutes off the coast, accessed by boat. The sea here is only a few feet deep, about waist high, and there are dozens of stingrays. You are guaranteed to see, touch & photograph. No need for ship's excursion, there are vendors at the port & it includes transport to/from the boat.

Just MHO as always

JB :)

Traveling on Independence of the Seas, Royal Carribean, in October. Haven't found very much about Falmouth, Jamaica as far as excursions? Wondering if going to Montego Bay would be a good choice? Also Grand Cayman, has anyone done the Stingray, Turtle Farm, Hell excursion?

Thank you!

Not impressed with Falmouth. We booked through the Navigator of the Seas and did the rafting tour along with a tour of an old run down banana plantation. The rafting was on a small, slow river and gave us some decent photo ops but it was not a thrill ride. The banana plantation was interesting but there again it was for older people. I'm in my 60's and it was even boring to me. Anything worth doing is distant from Falmouth. Our first trip we docked in Ocho Rios which is a lot closer to the fun. White water rafting, tubing, Dunn's River Falls and the Blue Hole can be had out of OR.

The stingrays are a hoot. We did Nativeway's Rays, Reef and Rum Point Tour. I could live at Rum Point. Haven't been to Hell and don't plan to go.;)