Port side or starboard on the Milli starting in Barcelona?

Iluv2kruz

Should I book a room on the port side on the Millennium? Has anyone been on the cruise that is a 12 day that leaves out of Barcelona and ends in Venice? Would one side of the ship be better than the other? I am booking a FV corner room and I want to know which side is best on that itenerary.

We were on Millie from Barcelona to Venice last May. We splurged on a Royal Suite on the port side. We were very disappointed because the ship rarely docked facing the port and when it did it was an ugly industrial port. For our cruise, the starboard had the absolute best views in EVERY port.

We had gone to the concierge to ask if this was going to happen every day and if so we wanted to change cabins. He said he did not know. But later in talking to our waiter, HE knew that the starboard got the best views.

We would get so excited every day to get to the port only to be disappointed. I do not know if it is still that way, it was 1 year ago this month.

But other than that we enjoyed ourselves once we got off of the ship and into the different cities and excursions.

Karl

• 2 months later...

We were starboard on the Milli in May.

Barcelona - overlooked the harbor and bridge [we were in 6144.]

Villefrance - tendered, but for most of the day we were looking into the harbor. The ship was moved when two ships closer in sailed so we got a 360 view.

Florence - we overlooked the harbor and sea wall.

Rome - we overlooked the terminal and parking area.

Naples - we again overlooked the terminal and parking.

Mykonos - we overlooked the parking lot and the hills. Both sides had views.

Santorini - tendered and faced the island. Both sides had views.

Athens - overlooked the industrial port.

Dubrovnik - we overlooked the dock and bridge with the hills behind. The bridge was fascinating - a real engineering feat.

I honestly don't think that it matters much which side you are on. It really depends on what you are looking for.

Last year I spent at least an hour watching ships unload trailers and was fascinated.

You will love the cruise - eat your Wheaties and get in shape before you go though. It is an endurance test for all but the young.

Archived