Best way to Turtles and Beach and Cost?

SteelerCruiser

So I understand that the Boatyard is a good beach to go to that has Beautiful water and Turtle tour vendors here. Is the beach there really crowded? If so is there an alternate place that is just as beautiful water and sand that we can get a snorkel/turtle tour right off the beach? Also how much is Cab fare, entry fees, etc... Also how much do the Turtle tours run?

Thanks!

Walk just past the Boatyard to Lobster alive. Much quieter same beach same sea great bar and vendors to take you to see the turtles. Alternatively taxi to Paynes bay and swim out to see the turtles when you see the catamarans arriving.

Walk just past the Boatyard to Lobster alive. Much quieter same beach same sea great bar and vendors to take you to see the turtles. Alternatively taxi to Paynes bay and swim out to see the turtles when you see the catamarans arriving.

Any idea on the cost of both of these options? Also the Turtle tour cost? Want to be sure we take enough cash but not too much

• 1 month later...
We took a taxi to Payne's beach. There was a guy with a glass bottom boat that took us out (about a group of 12) to swim with the turtles and snorkel over a "shipwreck". It was $25 each.

Hi there, Can you tell me if you remember if there were chairs/umbrella's at Payne's beach and if they had food there? Either vendor carts or small beach bars with food?

I'm a big swimmer/snorkeler but my wife doesn't swim and the price for the glass bottom boat for both of us to go out into the boat and see the turtles is good price so if she stays in the boat to just watch the turtles through the glass bottom that would be enough for her, but after this little tour is over I was hoping to maybe spend more time at the beach swimming out on my own to do a little snorkeling while my wife relaxes under a beach umbrella. Do you know how the off shore snorkeling is at this beach? And was it very crowded there?

Also how long was this Glass bottom boat tour? $25 each is a great price!!!

Edited by tpadul

It seems like we were out a couple of hours on the boat. Plenty of time in the water both over the shipwreck and with the turtles. We were just finishing up when the other groups arrived which was very nice. There were chairs and umbrellas available but I can't tell you the cost, we just spread our towels on the sand. We left around noon and it wasn't overly crowded in my opinion. There were some food carts but again, we didn't get anything to eat, just a couple bottles of water so can't tell you the cost.

It seems like we were out a couple of hours on the boat. Plenty of time in the water both over the shipwreck and with the turtles. We were just finishing up when the other groups arrived which was very nice. There were chairs and umbrellas available but I can't tell you the cost, we just spread our towels on the sand. We left around noon and it wasn't overly crowded in my opinion. There were some food carts but again, we didn't get anything to eat, just a couple bottles of water so can't tell you the cost.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!! Wow a couple of hours on the boat? That's a great price then!!! :D:D